Saturday, December 29, 2012

Design Team Coup

Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your holidays.  I wanted to share with all of you two more coups I've managed in the last couple weeks.

First of all, I am proud to announce that I will be designing for Tuesday Alchemy.  TA held a DT call a couple of weeks ago at the time that I entered one of my Christmas cards into their then current challenge.  It was actually the first time I had ever visited the site and thought 'what the heck, it never hurts to put my name forth'.  I figured the odds of having someone contact me were nil to zero.  Well, to my utter surprise, within four minutes of my adding my name to the DT call, Corrinne, the DT leader, let me know that, and check this out,  my "creations are perfectly lovely" and that I'd "be a fantastic addition to the team".  Well, call me gobsmacked and dipped in glitter!  I couldn't believe my luck and I am so thrilled to be part of this unique group of crafter's.  Of course, there is that doubting, lack of confidence part of me that wonders whether they just had so few people apply for the DT that they were hard up for warm bodies and forced to take on who ever came along.  Yeah, I know, I'm working on it.

The goal at Tuesday Alchemy is to inspire & challenge creativity along with promoting handmade artists & crafters.  I love this philosophy and am really happy to be part of the gang.  A new challenge is posted every two weeks on a Tuesday and the current challenge, ANYTHING GOES, is opened until Monday at 11:59 pm.  You can share whatever handmade art or craft project that you'd like and what I love about this challenge blog is that you can ALWAYS enter as many times as you want AND combine with other challenges.   Please go have a look.  There are some awesome prizes available from the current list of sponsors.  Now, while TA is the second DT that I have become a member of (Scribbles Designs Challenge is the first), it will in fact be the first team that I will be posting for as our very next TA challenge goes live on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.

Then just today, I found out that my request to be a guest design team member for the Love To Create Challenge Blog was also accepted.  Here as well, I figured the odds of being chosen were pretty low given the number of people applying for the position but I guess they liked what they saw too because I've been asked to design a card for their January 7th challenge.  So that is roughly five or six DT cards I'll be designing just for the month of January alone!

I'm really excited about all these opportunities opening up and I am so happy that all of you are around to share this journey with me during the coming year.  It is certain to be an interesting and busy year, that is for sure!  I hope you will all mark your calendars with these dates, come join in the fun and submit a project to each of these challenges.  I'll be sharing more information on the details of each challenge when I post the card I'll be showcasing.

Until next time,
 

4 comments:

Smookiedo Crafts said...

Congratulations!! What a way to start off the new year!! I am almost sure this is only the beginning of something bigger for you and there will be other DT's calling upon you!! The work you do and the inspiration you give to others is immeasurable!! Here is wishing you the best and many blessings for the upcoming New Year!! Can't wait to see all your creations!!

Anonymous said...

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• .·:*¨·••·¨*:· Thank.·:*¨·••·¨*:·you so much for sharing,that it so generous of you
Very much appreciated.Bless you, your time, hard work and your amazing talent.Keep up the fabulous work.
________????______________????___________
_______??____??__________??____??_________
______??__??____?(* " " *)?__??____??_______
_____??__??__??__( ='o'= )__??__??__??______
____??__??__??___-(,,)-(,,)- ___??__??__??____
____??_?_?_?_?_?__________?_?_?_?_?_??____
___??___?_?_?________________?_?_?___??___
___??__?_?______________________?_?__??___
__??__?_________a little angel_________?__??__
__???____________just for you___________ ???__
Good luck with everything you plan for the new year
Have a marvelous start in the new year.take care of yourself and stay warm.
sending hugs across the miles
Snowbird
Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy healty new Year

Wendy said...

Hi Lisa...
I'm looking forward to working on the Tuesday Alchemy design team with you. I'm on Team B. Can't wait to see what you create for your first DT piece. Good luck on the "love to create" team also.

Happy New Year!
Wendy~ http://wendylynnspaperwhims.blogspot.com/

Made by Mandy said...

Call me gobsmacked and dipped in glitter, what a perfect saying for a crafter. I often find myself with glitter in he most inappropriate of places, I believe it is a bit of my inner sparkle escaping and helping to spread infection stylee onto someone far less twinkly than myself!

Well done on your DT position, that's got to be a boost for your self confidence :)

Love Mandy xxx