Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Handout: Day 4

For people of Swedish heritage, today is St. Lucia Day.  This day is celebrated in honour of the patron of light.  Traditionally, St. Lucia Day marks the beginning of the Christmas celebration in Sweden.  So I thought that today's holiday handout should reflect just that--the idea of tradition. While traditions may be different depending on where we live, the idea of tradition is universal no matter where we are in this world.  Religion, culture, art and most of all familial history all play a huge role in the traditions we develop throughout our lifetimes.  So, today celebrate your uniqueness.  Think about and discover how your own holiday traditions began.
 



The Christmas countdown continues...

Until next time,
 
Fonts Used: 
Click the font name to take you to a download location.  These fonts are considered free for commercial use.  

If you haven't already, please become familiar with my terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  I have included a quick summary below.   If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.  
  
Quick summary of Terms of Use: 
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies. 

Reference:
Putatunda, Rita . (2011). Winter Holidays Around the World. Available: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/winter-holidays-around-the-world.html. Last accessed 10th December 2012.

1 comment:

Pingvinmamman said...

Thanx Lisa. Took me a while to get your link working, but it was worth it!
Pingvinmamman