Today also marks the start of the latest challenge over at the delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #74 the theme is "Inspired by Ice Cream". It's Nick's turn to choose themes this month and she has come up with a really cool one for this challenge. So what flavour inspires you? You'll soon see what inspired me. Be sure to tell us which ice cream flavour(s) you use on your card. For example, the colours red and white would be equivalent to strawberry and vanilla.
As always, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I realize it may seem a bit odd to pair up the idea of ice cream flavours and a sympathy card. We tend to equate the concept of ice cream with happy thoughts, summer, fun, joy and treats, and sympathy cards don't really fit in with that thinking. However, my ice cream choice until the end of time will always have something to do with chocolate and since our neighbour just lost his dad, I thought that chocolate=brown would be a very good colour scheme choice to add to a sympathy card.
- Sentiment: You can find this beautiful sentiment in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
- I brought the sentiment into Photoshop Essential 5, along with a swatch of the background paper to colour match. I then coloured in the flowers and leaves and changed the overall colour of the lines and text.
- You'd almost swear that the image had been made with the DP in mind, the little flowers and swirls are just so similar.
- The frame around the sentiment is from the Bloom Kit designed by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.com.
- Here is a closer look...
- The ribbon is Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- This sentiment is one I created.
- The frame I used on the front from the Bloom Kit, is repeated on the inside.
- Here is a closer look at the inside...
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Preppy Beach collection.
- Designer Paper:
- Floral paper and chocolate brown damask (front & inside)--Recollection's Paisley and Damask Paper Pad.
- The shimmery champagne coloured backdrop I used as matting (front & inside) is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to actually enter a challenge or two later this week and/or month.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,