Whoosh! Is that the days of my life flashing by full speed ahead? Gosh, it feels like it was only yesterday when I shared a snippet of the card I'm going to show you today, and started the treasure hunt. But, time it waits for no-one, so let's get on with it shall we?
Today I am pleased to share with you the images and card I created for my very first card sale. Some of you have been asking about the details, so here they are.
A few weeks ago, when my husband was at church, he was talking to a couple that we knew from a previous church we had each attended (long story). Anyways, the lady asked my hubs what I was up to these days and he explained that he never saw me anymore, that he didn't know he was still married, and Lisa who? NO, JUST KIDDING. Although I'm sure that is the way he feels most days. What he really told her was all about my new passion for card making. She quipped up that she had a 50th anniversary party to attend at the end of July and needed a card. So
The images she chose for me to work with were two of Heather's fabulous creations, making this card the perfect project for my monthly FBD feature.
You can find Granny and Papaw in the Fresh Brewed Designs (FBD) store under the section, Digital Stamps, Girly Things and then Granny or you can just click on the watermark below to head straight to where this image called 'Still in Love -Granny and Pawpaw' is located.
Here are my project details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Still in Love -Granny and Pawpaw: As mentioned above, the image on the front of the card is available in the store. You can find it by clicking on the watermark above.
- I coloured it in using a combination of digital colouring, Copic Markers and chalks.
- Grass: Chalk.
- Sky: Created in Photoshop Essentials 5 using brushes.
- Credit: Leboef
- Bench: Created in Photoshop Essentials 5 using a pattern.
- Credit: Free PSD Files
- Everything else was coloured with Copics:
- Skin: E31, E33, E39. Hair: E000, E00, E02, R20. Clothing: E21, E23, E25, E37, E39 (pants & shoes--Papaw); B91, B93, B95 (shirt--Papaw & dress--Granny); Y21, Y23, E25 (shawl & shoes--Granny). Glasses: W5. Cane: E21, E23, E25.
- I created the 'Bob and Margaret 50' in the circle in Inkscape and then just did up the actual sentiment underneath the image in Publisher. It is based on a quote by Mignon McLaughlin. I normally credit the quotes right in the sentiment but in this case I chose to credit it on the back of the card where I offer up my signature and credit others who have contributed towards the making of my card, like Fresh Brewed Designs, in the case of this specific creation.
- The gold flecked ribbon on the front is Crafts brand from Dollarama. It is a wide piece that I folded in half.
- The gold flecked stones on the front are Recollection's brand from Michael's.
- Still in Love -Granny and Pawpaw: This is the reverse side of the image. You can find it by clicking on the watermark above.
- I coloured it the same way as I did the image on the front.
- The conclusion of the quote created by me in Publisher.
- The gold swirls on the inside are Recollection's brand from Michael's.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Papers:
- The DP used on the front and inside is from a new paper pad bought specifically to make this card. The pad is called, 'Today, Tomorrow, Forever' (or at least that is what I think it is called) from Me and My Big Ideas available at Michael's.
- The gold piece used on the front and as matting on the inside is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Well that is it for my monthly FBD post. I'll be back each 2nd Saturday of the month with another creation to show you. Of course, I'm sure I'll be showing off other images and/or creations using Fresh Brewed Designs images during other times of the month as well, so you'll want to keep checking to make sure you don't miss any of Heather's superb images.
Now before all you lovelies disappear, I wanted to share the details of the Treasure Hunt. I had a total of ten people start off but only eight of them carried through to the end. As promised each of those individuals will receive a bonus paper--once I create it. Yup, I'm running just a tad behind. Who me? However, as soon as it has been created, I will e-mail all eight eligible participants.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you have the chance to go and check out the sweet image I've showcased today and maybe even bring one or two back with you on the journey home.
At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!
Until next time,