So, I suppose I should get on with it, shouldn't I?
In keeping with my post from earlier, I'm doing things a bit different for the paper portion as well. Once again I've used photos in the public domain and merged them with other images that I have a CU license for to make them look neat. Part of my tangent yesterday was learning a few tricks in Photoshop Essentials. While I learned that I can't really do any masking per sé in my version, I did learn that I can create a fake layer mask to blend two pictures together. Which is what I have done to achieve these looks.
Each paper is 3600 x 3600 pixels and in jpg format. The pictures I used to create the papers are available over at Public Domain Images. The photographer is Petr Kratochvil. The pools In Pamukkale image is available HERE and the parasol image is available HERE. I have used existing papers (with a commercial use license) from Marisa Lerner at Pixel Scrapper for merging with the images.
I'm afraid that I only have three to offer you (one a variation of another) given the amount of time I spent on these yesterday, learning and then putting them together. Of course, everything else I'm supposed to be doing is on the backburner but that seems to have become my life as of late. I'm also not sure that anyone is even going to like them. Granted, it isn't a seamless transition and while they aren't really appropriate for card making unless you shrink it completely down in size, I figured that maybe those of you who do scrapbooking, might find some use for them. I like them, but then that is just me. You could layer up a border if the seam is too prominent. Hmmmm... maybe that is an idea for later in the month. We'll have to see.
As always, I'd love to see what you come up with if you use anything I create on any of your projects. I'd love to know what you really think so I know whether I should continue to offer up this kind of idea from time to time.
Okay, it is now 7:45 and I've still got all those things left to do in the next 15 minutes. Something tells me I'm not going to make it but I'll certainly keep pushing until the last possible second. Never give up right?!
Stay tuned for another Wonderful Wednesday offering real soon as there is still more to come for this month's kit.
Until next time,
Credit Notes For This Creation:
If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.
Along with the Credit Note above...
- Do not claim the image as your own.
- Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' or 'Lisa L. Décosse' somewhere on your creation.
- Do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves. If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.
- If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
- Leave a comment on my blog. It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed. Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.