As always, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digis in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Two weeks in a row, I've needed to create sympathy cards. It always seems to come in batches doesn't it?
- This card is meant for a dear, dear friend and her husband who recently lost their furbaby. I know just how painful it is to lose an animal companion, and my heart breaks right alongside theirs. I hope this card will let her know just how much I care.
- Now I had spied quite some time ago, a great card made by Melissa from the blog, Melissa Made. She is an incredibly talented card maker and her colouring is out of this world. Anyways, I sort of scraplifted the layout she used in one of her cards. It just worked so perfectly with this particular image. It is only the layout that is scraplifted; all the papers, twine, image, embellishments and button are different. I hope that she is okay with this.
- Puppy: You can find this sweet pup in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
- This image was coloured using Copics. Balloons: Y02, Y04, Y06, YG67, B91, B93, B95, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07. Puppy: C3, C5, C7, R20, R22.
- Wings: You can also find the beautiful wings by clicking on links above.
- I brought the wings into Photoshop Essentials 5 (PE) and separated them, then brought the puppy image in so that I could attach the wings in a realistic way.
- This image was also coloured using Copics. I coloured the accents on the wings using some of the same colours listed above.
- I added glitter glue to the wings to give them a nice sparkly feel. You should be able to see it better in the close-up view below.
- The sky was created using a pattern in PE 5 from: Webtreats, Etc.
- Here is a closer look...
- This sentiment is one I created.
- The ribbon is something from my momma's old stash and the gems are Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- The sentiment on the inside is also one I created.
- Here is a closer look at the inside so you can see what I wrote...
- The hearts on the left hand side were created using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge.
- Here is a closer look at those cute little puppy prints...
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Paper:
- Dotted Paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bright & Basic Paper Pad.
- The blue cardstock I used as matting (front & inside) is from the Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Cool Water Collection.
- Digital Paper: The digital puppy paw print paper that I used on the front and for the little hearts on the inside, is designed by Kate P. I originally got it from www.paperprintables.com but currently the site is unavailable. Not sure what is going on there but I am trying to contact the designer to find out.
- Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to actually enter a challenge or two later this week and/or month.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,