Sunday, August 18, 2013

Card Design: Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge #7-First Card

Hello <cough> and a happy Sunday<sniffle, sniffle> evening to you all!  Yup, that's right, I'm sick!  My body is no longer able to fight off the virus that the hubs brought home with him about a week & half ago. I feel like I've gargled glass, there is so much pressure in my head and neck I'm afraid they might just explode, it's a struggle to breath which is not good when you have asthma, and I won't even get into how much my body aches so much more than usual.  Unfortunately, challenges don't stop just because we are sick and as much as I am able to I will try and fulfill as many of my obligations this week as possible.  However, I can't guarantee they'll all get done.  It doesn't help that we are experiencing Internet connection problems AGAIN.

Given my situation, I'm afraid that I won't be able to provide near the level of detail that I normally would as staying upright over the keyboard itself is a miraculous feat at the moment.  Now if there is one card this week I'd have liked to talk to you about, it is most definitely this one; so, I have decided that I am going to blog about it again just as soon as I am able.  I had thought I'd just come and add the details to this post, but odds are no one would come back to see it, so I'll just repost it when I am feeling better.


This card is for for the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge. The sponsor this month is Nana Vic Digitals.

I'm just going to show the front and then keep the inside for when I get a chance to get into all my card details.


So, there it.  I do believe this is my favourite Christmas card so far.  I'll be back as soon as I can with all the details.  

Edit on December 8th/2013...
Challenge I am entering:
 http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com.au/ -- Christmas and New Year.  The challenge blog states, and I quote, "For this challenge only: you may link up your favorites 'past'.Yep, that's right...new projects or old projects...your choice!"
Since this is my favourite Christmas themed card this year so far, I'm going ahead and linking it.

Don't worry about me though.  In the time honoured words of King Solomon, "This too shall pass".  With lots of fluids, rest, echinacea and zinc lozenges I'll be on the road to recovery very soon--well that is what I keep telling myself anyways.

Until next time,

8 comments:

Suze said...

Hmm Lisa - shouldn't you be resting and trying to recover! I suspect I'll see the second card for the challenge appear shortly too! Love this one though and look forward to reading all the deets on it - when you are fully recovered!! GO TO BED,REST AND RECOVER.

Karon said...

Feel better soon Lisa. I had something similar last week, that Andy left me with! Men eh! Took me about 5 days to completely shake it. Love this card by the way :-) Hugs.

Donna Ellis said...

I can see why it is one of your favorites! It is not only gorgeous, but festively elegant! Very pretty, Lisa. Hope your sniffles are soon a thing of the past and that you are feeling much better. hugs, de

Edwina said...

Oh, Wow! This is beautiful! I love that you printed the digi in red. That bow is gorgeous. Love the die cut shape. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Jennifer said...

What a pretty card Lisa, very CAS. I do hope that you feel better real soon. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes

Unknown said...

Oh Sweetie I am so sorry to hear you are so ill and considering all you have wrong with your body I could only imagine the extra pain you are suffering.. my heart goes out to you and know I am praying for a speedy recovery. This Christmas card is beautiful , I have that same die cut for the flower (spellbinders) and I will definately make one similar... the outer edges are so fanciful and beautiful. Lots of love and empathy..hugs

Crafting Vicky said...

I'm so very sorry that you are sooo sick :( I really love the look of white and red!

Pia S said...

I've really hooked on sentiment only cards at the moment, so I'm with you - it's a Christmas favorite card! All the white space and red accents really work well for an elegant Christmas design. I hope you'll feel better soon.