A random winner will win 2 free digi's from the store however if you use a QKR image, you will win 5 free digis. So, it is definitely worth entering your cards that honour someone special in your life. As I've previously mentioned, QKR has some absolutely adorable images to work with. This week I got to have fun with the following images for my GDT entry:
Here is the front of the card I've chosen to showcase...
Here is the inside...
This card is definitely for someone special--my daddy. While his birthday isn't until May, I thought that this was the perfect theme to celebrate this very important man in my life. My poppa is one of my heroes. He had a difficult upbringing but managed to pull himself up and out of the past to become a responsible man dedicated to the nurture, protection and growth of his family. When I was skimming through the wonderful collection of images available over at QKR Stampede, I came across this adorable digi of the lion. Right then and there I knew that I wanted, no NEEDED this image. The sentiment, "I'm roaring in to say, have fun being King for the day", is one I created especially for this occasion. This verse has a bit of a triple entendre to it. On your birthday you are supposed to be the king or queen of your own personal domain. We all know that the lion is the king of the jungle. However, there is a third connection that is relevant to this situation. King is also my poppa's middle name--it was his paternal grandmother's maiden name--AND don't you know he has milked that for all its worth his entire life. So, poppa have a roaring good time and enjoy being the king you so rightly are. Maybe by the time his birthday comes around, he will actually understand what a blog is and how to find me or, as is generally the case, my mother will have to pull it up for him--that is of course AFTER he has received his card in the mail.
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- General Comments: Since I'm always struggling as to where all the shadows should be, I love how this particular image shows where to shade for the most part. Certainly made things a little easier for me. I was also surprised at how quickly I was able to colour him up.
- Digi-Image: As mentioned earlier, the cutey pie image from the front of the card is from QKR Stampede. It was coloured mostly using Copic markers. Lion: Y21, Y23, Y28 (fur). Accessories: B21, B24, B29 (crown and medallion). Grounding was applied with Watercolour pencils. I used a light blue that unfortunately can't be seen very well in the picture above, around the lion. I used grey and black for the actual ground.
- Sentiments: The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment on the front of the card is from QKR Stampede. As mentioned above, the rest of the sentiment was created by me. All sentiments are printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Paper: I used cream paper for the card base purchased at Michael's--Recollection's Cardstock. The orangey-brown-cream patterned chevron paper is from the Recollection's paper pad called Mosaic Memories. The orangey-brown solid paper used as a shadow in behind the image and the sentiments is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Ribbon: The Royal blue ribbon is 'Crafts' brand from Dollarama.
- Embellishments: All of the buttons are just from a large stash that my husband picked up somewhere while we were out shopping a long time ago.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Make It Monday -- MIM #126: Anything Goes (always)
- Challenges For Everybody -- Challenge #13: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #66: Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Love To Create Challenge -- Anything Goes
- My Grafico Crafts -- Challenge #144: Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint -- Anything Goes
- Avenue 613 -- Challenge #5: Anything Goes/Optional Love Twist
- My Papercrafting World -- Digi Desserts Fridaze
- Forever Friends Challenge Blog -- Animals and/or Butterflies and/or Birds
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge -- Anything Goes with a Ribbon
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time. As I've now added to my comment section, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write me a little note. Whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
So, please head on over to QKR Stampede and join in all the fun. While you are there, check out the fabulous cards offered up by the QKR design team. We can't wait to see what you create!
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.