So without further ado, the comment I'm highlighting and reflecting on this week belongs to...
who said this:
Oh Lisa, what a day you had, I relived this adventure (well not exactly the right word but) as I read on and my heart went out to you but then this amazing side of you that I adore surfaced at the same time showing your resillance to life, you have the ability to let life play out instead of resisting what it is doing to you and even greater than than you can put it all into perspective and instead of feeling trapped in it to the point of complaining you come out on top with this amazing attitude and gratitude. You are my inspiration!!! Did you hear that? I really mean it, I don't know many people that would turn a day like that into having Gratitude, how amazing is that!!!! I love your sentiment and will have to use it. Keep shining my sweet sweet ever so strong friend and I hope your body didn't eventually crash. I fully take the blame for the alcohol solution and so happy you got similar amazing deals as I did!!!!! I will call you later if I can recover my voice.. you are beautiful. Naomi on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
Naomi is one to talk. She herself faces a life filled with its own unique challenges and she is one of the strongest women I know. So when she basically says the same thing about me it almost surreal to hear it. It is amazing what we see in others and how each of us has the ability to touch someone else's life. All you need to do is reach out.
Naomi also touches on my ability to take something that is negative and be able to switch it up and find at least one postitive aspect of the situation. It would be easy for me to just give up. I've done it before and there is a possibility it could happen again. However, each time something negative happens, it just gives me one more opportunity to reflect on the situation and find the good to take from it. It is a case of mind over matter. Each of us has difficulties. Yours are not mine and mine are not yours. We also sometimes face situations in life that are so bad we can't even imagine finding anything to celebrate in them and maybe there really isn't in the worst of them. In order to survive though and continue on, we either have to look outside of ourselves and find that one thing to grasp onto or if we are lucky enough there will be people there willing to reach in and pull us out. But, the really, really bad things don't happen every day. Mainly it is just the small day to day challenges of life that can get us down. When that happens, we need to learn how to see the situation from a different perspective, find something to be grateful for and carry on. Our only other choice is giving up and that is not an option. If it is one you are considering, then it is time to reach out for help and there is never any shame in that. Additionally, by showing people just how much there is out there to be thankful for it opens up for people to see all the little things in their own life they need to pause for and say a little thanks for themselves. If I can help inspire Naomi and others to look at a situation that is giving them problems and flip it to see things differently, and learn to say thanks for even the tiniest of blessings, then I am accomplishing another of my goals. Something else I can be thankful for.
Honourable mentions include:
- Thank you for sharing the thoughts of your day. You always find lots of things to be thankful for. I am now finding it a little easier to do that myself thanks to you. You are the second person who has blogged about the amazing bargains at Michael's. We don't have a Michaels nor anything that has such amazing bargains. Have fun playing with all your new crafty items. Thank you for the freebie sentiment - as per usual I found it because I took the time to leave a comment!!! Hope you have a good fun day with your new goodies. Suze on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
- OMGoodness Lisa - what a day !!!! I was smiling to myself whilst reading.... NOT at your expense of course, but realising that those kind of things happen to me too, and enjoying the way you wrote about them :-D I am so glad you got some wonderful goodies at 'Michaels'. I hear about this a lot but have no idea what it is (assuming it's a huge store for crafters ?) but I wish I could go with you :-D Many hugs my Friend xxxxxxxxxxxx Ike on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
- ohhhh my that was quite an adventure!!!! I really hate when I go from one room to the next and then don't remember why... And yup I've made messes as well and it seems to happen in the worst time (when extra tired or in a hurry) lol but through all this you moved and got going and didn't let it overwhelm you good for you and to top it off you got some awesome deals out of it!!!! WOW! ;) Vicky on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
- My gosh, what a story! You had me at BOOM! ;) I can't even imagine the fun you must have been having, but to think that you were rewarded so well later for your diligence is fantastic news!! You certainly overcame the hurdles that flung themselves at you and you're a beacon of light and inspiration to all crafters!!! :D Any chance you can introduce me to your friend Princess Perfect Price? hugs, Lisa x on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
- Hi Lisa I came by to see how you where doing and I came across an adventure of your's the dropping of the sparkles would drive me mad for sure next time you pop into a dollar store by the mini baggies to hold them in YIKES!!! Congrats on the sales it's so nice to pop in a store when you go only to find out all you wanted is less then over 1/2 off YAH to that. And your sentiment is just fantastic to have seen I'm always thankful for the little things they always make you smile and to let people know is just the right thing to do So Thanks for your wonderful story of your day hugs Nikki on Adventures in LA LA Land: A Trip Out of the House
Until next time,