A random winner will win 2 free digi's from the store however if you use a QKR image, you will win 5 free digis. That is a great incentive to use one of QKR's adorable images and there are so many awesome ones to choose from. This week I got to play with the following images for my GDT entry:
Here is the front of the card I've chosen to showcase...
Here is a close up of that adorable little angel...
Here is the inside of the card...
With a closer look at the digi images...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Well, I think I've found a light to use. About a year ago, we managed to pick up a $150 Ott craft light for $40. Since I don't really have a place to set it up, I just sort of drag it to where I need it, I decided to drag it to the dining room table where I take my pictures. There wasn't much daylight left when I took these pictures and I think the lighting turned out fine. Thanks to everyone for their ideas on light sources and taking pics. They have been very helpful. Now we just need a better camera, one that does great close ups without getting blurry. That problem is going to take a lot longer than a couple weeks to fix. For now though I'm content with doing the best I can, given what I have to work with.
- I love angels of every variety. I have a piano top filled with them. While I don't need any more of the physical kind, I can always make use of digital ones. That is why it was so much fun working with these great images this week.
- It was also high time I create something using purples. I love the colour purple but haven't really had the opportunity to use any of my purple papers yet.
- So combine my love of angels, purple and card design...well, talk about a triple play!
- One of the challenges I'm entering requires that there be hearts and dots. I think that I'm safe with the number of dots and hearts on this particular card, inside and out.
- Watering Hearts Angel (front): The image on the front of the card is such a sweet image. If you are interested in purchasing this image it is available HERE. It was coloured using Copic markers. Angel Wings: BG70, BG72, BG75. Clothes: BV00, BV02, BV04, BV08 (dress, hat, shoes). Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, R20. Watering Can: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17. Hearts: R20, R22. Grounding around the angel: while it is difficult to see, I did use BG70 around the image to help ground it a bit.
- Heart Box Angel (inside): The additional angel image that was used on the inside is available HERE for purchase. It was just printed out using printer ink matching the purple to the DP. I chose to not colour it in because I just wanted it to be subtle for the inside. I did however decide to add sparkles. I added iridescent white to the halo and then purple ones to the heart. Unfortunately, they seem to be all coming off. I tried fixing them with hairspray, a trick I used to use when working with charcoals and other mediums, but it didn't seem to really help. Any cheap fixative tips anyone to help the sparkles stick around until the personal gets the card at least?
- Precious Things Sentiment: This beautiful verse on the inside is available for purchase HERE. I love this sentiment and it fit so perfectly for the person I'm designing the card for. Unfortunately I can't say who it is for in case they actually see this post. It was printed onto white cardstock using a blue-green ink colour that matched with a similar colour in the DP. The edges of the inside paper were inked up using a blending tool and a Studio-G dark purple ink.
- Card base: purple pastel cardstock--from Dollarama.
- Designer Papers: Purple gingham & mixed coloured dotted circles (front & inside)-- Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad. Dark Purple shadow--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Offray--the purple ribbon that I've wound into sort of a floral shape is from my mom so I have no idea where it came from originally.
- Hearts--from Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Make It Monday -- MIM #127: Anything Goes (always)
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #67: Love/Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creatitivity Now Challenge -- Challenge #6: Anything Goes
- My Paper Crafting Inspirations -- Digi Desserts Fridaze
- Lady Anne's Challenges -- Nana Vic's Second Challenge, Anything Goes
- My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge -- My Heart is For You
- Fresh Brewed Designs -- Challenge #2: Hearts and Dots
So, please head on over to QKR Stampede and join in all the fun. While you are there, check out the fabulous cards offered up by the QKR design team. We look forward to seeing what your creative little minds come up with this week!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time. As I've now added to my comment section, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write me a little note. Whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.