This week for Challenge 51 the theme is Picture Inspiration and we have such a neat picture to spark your creativity for this challenge. Just look at all those juicy colours you can play with. This picture may also spur you on in the direction of incorporating metal into your piece or going with a vintage feel. The possibilities are numerous.
|Machel Spence Photography|
|$10 Store Voucher|
So head on over to
and join the challenge!
Here is the front of my card...
Here is a closer look at the image from Pop 'n Stick that I played with digitally for the front of this card...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I've gone about working this digital a little differently than I usually do. I decided to have some fun and get some practice in Photoshop Essentials. Thus, I ended colouring up the image digitally. Then I applied a different texture to both the teddy bear and the suitcases. I've included a jpg of the image so that it is easier to see the textures I created. They don't translate as well to photograph, at least the one on the suitcases doesn't. If you'd like a better look at the texture, just click on the image for a better view.
- For the inside, I lassoed the teddy bear and then the upper suitcase, and then rearranged them on the page to create a different look.
- I realize that the image isn't grounded but once in awhile that is okay too. Besides, I haven't learned how to add shadows yet in Photoshop Essentials but don't tell anyone.
- Luggage and teddy: The image on the front of the card and manipulated on the inside is from Pop 'n Stick. Unfortunately, when I tried the link tonight to make sure it worked, there was a completely different blog up but with absolutely no posts. The address I had was: popnstick.blogspot.co.uk. If anyone knows what happened to them or if they have a new address, I'd love to find out. Very strange, in the last few weeks so many blogs are disappearing and I don't know if it is by accident or if people are getting out of the biz.
- Front and Inside: One I created to go perfectly with this image.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Cape Cod Collection.
- Designer Papers: Background paper (front & inside)--K & C Company, The Best of K & C paper pad (primarily floral designs). Shadow (front & inside)--Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Cape Cod Collection.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Make It Monday -- MIM #129: Anything Goes (always)
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #66: Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creatitivity Now Challenge -- Challenge #6: Anything Goes
Some more challenges may be added to this list throughout the week or month.
So what ideas do you get when you see our photo inspiration picture? Why not enter our current challenge and show us? Remember you have two weeks to enter over at Tuesday Alchemy. While you are there, please check out the great inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of our theme!
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,