Friday, October 17, 2014

Card Design: Adorable Fairies #1 from Nicecrane Designs

http://nicecranedesigns.com/
Hello everyone!

Remember all those thank you cards that I had to make for my sister and brother in laws for their generous gift of money that they gave to us for our 25th wedding anniversary?  Well, I am still working on it.  Here is another one that has already been added to the pot but I'm just getting around to the post now.  I've got another one from this image collection that I'll be showing next week as well.  

This time around I've used an adorable fairy from the aptly named Adorable Faires collage sheet from Nicecrane Designs.  The images in this set are beautiful and when I get a chance I'm going to make some journal cards with them as well since the images are okay to use for commercial use.


For now though they were perfect for this thank you card.  The images are so beautiful that I wanted to keep the layout really simple and keep the fairy the focus.   
  
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Adorable Faires CS For this first card I used the image you see on the top right.  These little fairies are just so precious and would be great on a variety of cards.  I cropped off the writing that appears on the bottom of the image to make it suitable for this card.  Click on the name or the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=1303
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • I added the text layer directly onto the image before printing.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • Created by me.
Digital Paper Products:
  • The digital paper on the inside is one I created, matching the colour to compliment colours from the front of the card.
 
OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base and matting behind sentiment: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Passion Fruit collection.
  • Image and digital paper base: white photocopy paper.
  • Sentiment bases:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter...
Before I go...
There are always so many wonderful images available at Nicecrane's Designs that I can't leave without sharing some of the others with you.  If you happen to be a fan of fairies there is also this lovely collection called About Fairies and Angels.  This set contains six lovely images perfect for card and ATC design.  Be sure to go and check them out while you are at the store (c
lick on image below to head to its location).
Fairies and Angels - Click Image to Close

Don't forget, to stay current on ALL the latest releases and to check out the fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members, be sure to head over to the Nicecrane Designs blog.

Well, there is still lots to do this evening so I'll bid you all adieu for now!  I hope to be back to tomorrow showcasing some of the fabulous Hallowe'en images in the Scribbles Designs store so best wishes until that time!

Until next time,

7 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Hi Lisa, sorry I´ve been soo absent here lately, but life has been a bit busy here with all kinds of things going on, but I have seen more of your wonderful work, and this is no difference such a beautiful card, but I also agree these images are really gorgeous and make such wonderful cards, and I just love this one ehre too, sooo cute and beautiful as everything you ever do.
Have e wonderful week-end now and lots of fun and thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog too.

Nicecrane Designs said...

What a colorful and so fun Fairy Card,,,Lisa,,,,,,,,,,,,love it, loveit,,,

D- said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL. I bet they will LOVE it. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

A very sweet card and the image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Karon said...

This is such a sweet sweet image. Lovely creation. TFS

Alyx said...

So beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

I have a blog candy with a £50 voucher to win if you are interested.
http://lexiesblogstardate.blogspot.co.uk

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely creation. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}