Monday, October 27, 2014

Card Design: Imagine That...Progressive Challenge for October

http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/
My goodness, I was really hoping to have created and posted some of my progressive challenge cards already this month but time just hasn't been on my side.  Of course, I lost quite a bit with the infection and fall but progressive challenges don't wait and it is time to upload at least one of them today.  

Right now it is my creation for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge. This wonderful progressive challenge does not disappoint as we get the opportunity to earn a fabulous new set each month by linking up. Kris' is an amazing designer and I am thrilled to earn sets from her.

This month the images that everyone who is part of the progressive challenge gets to play with are in the wonderful set,
 
Let's Squash Cancer in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness month...

The great thing about this image is that it could be used for all types of cancer.  It isn't just limited to breast cancer.

As always, you can work with either the coloured image, or the line art one. This particular set also comes with four great sentiments to help you out!  If you missed out, you can still play along by purchasing this set in the store for a discount during the month of October (click on the image name or watermark above to go to the image's location in the store).

Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Details:

  • This is one of those cards that I hope and pray I never have to mail.

FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Let's Squash Cancer: Details for how to get a hold of it are included underneath the set preview in the above section.  I've used the pre-coloured version of the image for my card.
Embellishments:
  • The ribbon is Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama.
  • The buttons were purchased at the Dollar Tree.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 

OVERALL
Paper Products:
   
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Both patterned papers used are from the Recollection's All Girl paper pad.  I thought the polka dot one went well with her bow.
  • The paper I used as matting is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.

Challenge I am entering...  
Others I am hoping to enter...
 http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html
I encourage you to go and check out the digis that Kris offers along with the Progressive Free Digi Challenge.  It is another fun place to shop and play.  She also has a beautiful image up over on their Facebook page (link to their FB page can be found on the blog).  So, grab it while you can. 

 

Just five more cards to get done by the end of the month!  Yikes!


Until next time,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,
Great layout as is the image. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs. Carole

ike said...

A lovely card Lisa and even beautiful on the inside too :-)
Hugz
IKE xxxx

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a cute and very positive card Lisa. Just what any cancer patient would need in such a dreadful time, it is to have cancer, and I agree, I would never want to post such a card again either. have just lost a cousin here 3 weeks ago and my mum dies from it 9 years ago too, so I know, what this does to people, and I NEVER want to see it again, if I can help it.

Sammy said...

I hope you'll never have to mail this too, but if you do, at least you can do so in the knowledge that it's lovely! Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
Sammy-x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such an adorable image - like you say, let's hope you never have to mail it.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Great card thanks for joining us. Looking forward to you joining next month hugs Tania (DT) Imagine That Progressive Challenge xx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo Lisa,

ich bin von deiner Karte begeistert. Dein Beitrag beschreibt mein Gefühl für die Digis von Kris. Sie ist eine begnadete Künstlerin. Sie schafft es immer wieder mir ein Lächeln ins Gesicht zu zaubern. Auch so ein schweres Thema wie Krebs hat Kris mit so einem tollen Motiv unterstützt. Ich danke dir für die Teilnahme an der Imagine That Challenge mit deiner wunderschönen Karte. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Helen said...

Great card, Lisa - those buttons finish it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at the Imagine That Progressive Challenge.

Helen x

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally awesome card! Just love that image and the layout you have done with it!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers. We hope to see you again next time.