Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps October Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/
It is time to post my project for the October, From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge.  In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images.

Here are my card and details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Information:
  • This card was put together digitally and then printed out, so that I could colour the image mostly by hand and then assemble it.  It is physically a one layer card even though there are four digital layers.
  • Here is the sketch I used from Sketch Saturday.  I really love this sketch as you can see since it was also used on the card I posted this morning. Once again I just flipped the location of the pennant shape.
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.ca/
FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • The image on the front, Apple Market, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermarks below to go to its location in the store. It was coloured in with a combination of Copic Markers and digital colouring. Digital credits include:
    • Barrel wood created with a pattern courtesy of Free PSD Files 
    • Clouds created with a pattern courtesy of Webtreats, Etc.
    • Grass was created with a default brush.
    http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/harvest-thanksgiving-and-fall/161-apple-market.html
    INSIDE

    Digital Sentiment Details:
    OVERALL
    Paper Products:

    • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
    Challenges I am hoping to enter:
    Others I might get it into...
    Thanks for popping by everyone!  I hope you enjoyed my card and post.  I've got one more progressive post to get done so if I can finish the card tonight the I will see you again tomorrow!
     

    Until then,


    p.s. I'm not exactly sure what is up with the spacing and the size of the bullets.  I've removed the formatting and tried again but it isn't changing.  Hopefully it is just a fluke in this post and not the new Blogger norm.

    8 comments:

    Michelle said...

    What an ADORABLE card! And love how you did the grass :) Thanks for joining us for our monthly challenge at From The Heart Stamps.

    Stephanie said...

    This is absolutely adorable, I love that embossed background-perfect! Thanks so much for playing along in our SOTM challenge at FTHS.

    KarinsArtScrap said...

    Lisa very beautiful
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    Unknown said...

    What an adorable card! I love the colors you chose and the sentiment on the inside :) Thanks for joining us at http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/

    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    Desire Fourie said...

    This is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    KT Fit Kitty said...

    Hey, Lisa, did you see you won over at Stamp and Create? Congratulations, my friend! Well deserved! Fab prize too!

    Donna Ellis said...

    These are so cute, Miss Lisa! Congratulations on your win, too. Love the cuteness of the images and the pretty coloring! hugs, de

    Crafting Vicky said...

    WOW soooo cute! just adore that embossing you have done!!! So clever with the apples.