It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #22, the theme is Fall Impressions. In most of North America, we are firmly entrenched in the middle of fall. What is so wonderful about this time of year, is that there are many different things going on. Not only do you have the bright colours associated with the change of the season but there is also Hallowe'en coming up; and, while Thanksgiving has just passed for those of us in Canada, it has yet to hit in the US. This gives you lots of ideas to choose from. However, this month we have another double challenge for you. Not only do we want to see a fall themed creation, BUT we also want to see some embossing on your project. Now if you don't have any equipment to emboss, it is okay to use pre-embossed papers. As long as there is embossing of some nature on your project, and of course it is fit into the fall theme, it will qualify for this challenge. So how about you impress us with your creations!
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a Hallowe'en card using five of Sandy's fabulous images. If I include the sentiment and my frame, that makes it seven digital images on one card. I do believe that is a new record. Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
Digital Image Details:
- Brooooom, Ghostly, and Halloween Subway Art: While the subway art is from last year, Brooooom and Ghostly are new images recently added to the store. I just love this new collection of mini characters. Clicking on the watermarks below will take you to their location within the store.
- The subway art was framed before printing and then fussy cut. The other two images were coloured using Copic markers and then also fussy cut. I used pop dots to prop them up a bit on the card although you can't tell from the picture.
- The frame is from my recent Hallowe'en themed kit called Trick or Treat.
- The card base was embossed using the one of the folders from the Cricut, Paper Lace II set.
INSIDEDigital Image Details:
- Bownes, and Drac: These two images are also recent additions to the store. Once again, clicking on the watermarks below will take you to their location within the store.
- Bownes and Drac were coloured using Copic markers and coloured pencils.
- Here's a closer look at the two cuties. I apologize that the image is a bit blurry...
- Another awesome sentiment created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Card base: Crafts Brand Cardstock, pastel purple, purchased at Dollarama.
- Dark purple paper used for matting is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Hallowe'en
- http://pdelinkyparty.blogspot.ca/ -- Hallowe'en
- http://fitztownchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes Using Digital Elements (the images, the subway art and the sentiment are all digital, along with the frame that was used)
- http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Hallowe'en Cards
- http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.ca/ -- Hallowe'en
- http://www.lisasomerville.com/ -- Bloggers Challenge Halloween Challenge
- http://fairytale-challengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Hallowe'en
- http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/ -- Hallowe'en OR use lots of Orange (as you can see I've gone strictly with Hallowe'en for this entry)
- http://thesweetpeastampers.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Hallowe'en
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,