Monday, October 06, 2014

Motivational Monday: Lord Give Me Strength

If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Monday, please go HERE.

Have you ever had one of those weeks?  One where you just wanted it to end and hope that after the week had ended that your life might just go back to normal if you were lucky and prayed really hard?  Of course in my case it is more like a 10 day span.  

As some of you know, I have been battling a rather sore mouth.  What first the dentist suspected was an abscess might now be an infection related more to my gums than to my teeth but she won't know for sure until she drills in--which won't be for over over a month since I can't get an appt. until the second week of November because she is so busy.  Then of course there is still the emotional trauma I'm dealing with from watching two of my neighbours lose everything they own due to a devastating fire which I talked about in last Monday's post.  Their lives will never be the same and it has really affected me.  A person's life can change in an instant and it was a clear reminder that we cannot take anything in our lives for granted. 

Well, Friday I was dealt with another little challenge.  When I first opened my eyes, as I adjusted to get out of bed, my first thoughts were: "God is smiling down on me and this is going to be a good day".  I stood up, took one step and got my right foot caught up in an electrical cord.  As I careened forward and started my decent, I slammed my head and neck into the TV and my left hand smashed into the wooden cabinet (which is at the bottom of the bed).  According to my husband who was downstairs in the living room, that was the first thump.  Then I basically slid down and slammed into the floor.  According to my husband that was the second thump.  Let's just say it took me a while before I was even ready to get up off the floor, even with my DH's help.  All in all, I managed to hurt my right ankle, my left shoulder, my left hand, and tore up two of my fingers which has left me typing one handed.  I also hit my head and the left side of my face pretty hard developing some nice green splotches here and there.  Over the last couple days I have also developed quite a bit of soreness in my ribs and back.

I think if I were to check my biorhythm or horoscope, it would probably be in the toilet!  According to a good friend, apparently Mercury is in retrograde and when that happens, bad things happen.  So, I'm blaming some of this on Mercury. ;)  My hubs said that because I praised God saying it was going to be a good day, the devil had to smack me back down.  You know, I'm getting awfully tired of his antics.  I swear something out there is trying to bring my positivity to a crashing halt but I'm DETERMINED to not let it.

So here is my positive spin on this:
  • I didn't take out an eye on the way down
  • I didn't lose consciousness
  • I didn't break any bones
Things could have been a WHOLE LOT worse and I just thank God that they weren't.   There are people out there going through significantly worse than I am and I do recognize that.  It is just that all of this has set be back AGAIN and there are so many people counting on me to get things done:  reply to emails; get things sent out to people who've patiently been waiting all week for them; getting DT work done; getting kits ready for challenges I am sponsoring, etc.  I hate disappointing people but right now between only being able sit about an hour a day at the computer and only being able to to use one hand when I do, I'm really struggling to accomplish anything!  I'm really looking for things to turn around and get back to some semblance of normalcy!  I can't afford for my stress level to go up any higher and each hour that I can't work, it effectively does!!!!!!

So, I'm going to leave you with a couple of sentiments that you can 'download' if you'd like.  I'm going to reflect on each of them daily myself until I get through this latest mini crisis of mine.

First and foremost there is...

Font Information:
  • Clicker Script font created by Astigmatic One Eye Typographic Institute
  • Sexsmith font created by Ray Larabie

and then for a little humour there is this one...
Font Information: 

If you are one of those people waiting for something from me, I do ask for your patience during this difficult time.  I'm doing everything I can to get back on track but it is going to take me several days to do so.

Until next time,



Additional Information: 
Please be sure to click on the image to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.  Click on the font name to take you to a download location.  All these fonts were listed as free for commercial use at the time each of these project were made, and as such, it is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use these fonts in my creations and offer them to others.  Please refer to my full terms of service for what you can and cannot do with these digital creations.  

These word art creations are in png format and published at 300 ppi. They are quite large in order to accommodate different programs that people work with.   If you are a card maker you can always resize them smaller without distorting the quality. 

Credit Notes For This Creations
© 2014, Lisa L. Décosse. PUO. However, you are allowed to use the sentiment on handmade projects that you intend to sell on a small scale basis provided credit is given. You also need to include a credit note and a link to this blog should you use any of my images in your creations and post them on your blog. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with my full terms of use found in the 'Download Instructions & T.O.U.' tab at the top of this page. Of important note:  Please do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog(s) so they can grab the image for themselves. If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.


4 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh Lisa - for a minute there I thought I was reading about me! I take falls like that too - and PTL I haven't broken any bones YET! I feel so bad for you - I feel your pain and your anxiety; but your job right now is to SLOOOOOOW DOOOWWN lady! All of us here in 'paper land' can certainly wait for a wonderful friend to heal! Just know also you are in my prayers and I totally adore your hubbie's attitudes and quick response!!! Great guy! HugZ!

Granmargaret said...

Lisa please don't stress about trying to get things done. You need to rest and get yourself better. Maybe this has happened to make you slow down.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh Lisa, I am really so sorry for the difficult times you are experiencing at the moment and am just so thankful that you did not break anything with that spectacular fall of yours. And then that gum infection does not sound good at all. Hope that when you do get an appointment, a remedy could be subscribed to sort it out soon. Thank you so much for these wonderful sentiments once again. They are downloaded and my Decosse's Dynamite Doodles file. Wishing you a Tuesday that can definitely only get better xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, Okay to start off Here is a big long HUG! Now you got to quit following me in the falling down business. It hurts too much. :) I hope you heal quickly and that things turn around for you. I can't believe you took the time and energy to make sentiments with your one hand out of commission. My friend you are so sweet and courageous. I admire you. Thank you. Edwina Brown