Monday, October 20, 2014

Motivational Monday & PoP Midway Reminder: Courage

 If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Monday, please go HERE.

Hello and a very happy Monday to you all.  As always, I'm so glad that you have taken the time to come over and share your precious time with me.  This evening, I'll be sharing a reflection on courage along with a couple freebies at the bottom of the post.  The reflection, and one of the freebies can also be found over on my Path of Positivity challenge blog as part of the midway post where the theme this month is COURAGEOn with today's thoughts... 


Characteristics of Courage

According to Google, courage is defined as:
  1. the ability to do something that frightens one.
  2. strength in the face of pain or grief.
Now, I could get into a whole exposition of what true courage entails but really that would be how I see courage being put into action.

The real question is how do you see courage as it applies to your own life?  Is it:
  • Being afraid of something, yet choosing to act anyway?
  • Taking a stand when you know a cause is just?
  • Taking a risk and following the desires of your own heart?
  • Remaining steadfast in the face of adversity?
  • Listening to the guiding voice inside of you?
  • Facing difficulties in your life such as health problems and/or pain, with dignity, faith and strength?
You are the best person to determine how to be courageous in your own life.  Whether it is putting into action one or more of the above points or coming up with one of your own.

When I wrote this, I was at the Doctor's office waiting to be seen.  In my case it was just a routine appointment.  However, as I sat there I wondered about the people in the surrounding rooms.  Did they need courage to come out for their appointment today.  Were some afraid of what they might hear?  Were some already facing a battle?  It truly made me think about all the ways that we face courage in our lives.  Especially those who are facing illness.  

While we may each approach courage in a different way, may each of us always have the courage to face all the challenges that may come our way.
 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here are the promised freebies.  The first was offered up at the challenge start and the second was just offered up today for the midway...
 
 © 2014 
Font Information:

 © 2014
Font Information:
Please be sure to click on the images to bring them up into the lightbox in their proper size before saving them.  Click on the font name to take you to a download location.  All these fonts were listed as free for commercial use at the time each of these project were made, and as such, it is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use these fonts in my creations and offer them to others.  Please refer to my full terms of service for what you can and cannot do with these digital creations.
 
You will notice that the sentiments may appear huge depending on what software program you download them into.  You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
 
Credit Notes For These Creations:
©2014. Lisa L. Décosse. PUO. However, you are allowed to use the sentiments on handmade projects that you intend to sell on a small scale basis provided credit is given. You also need to include a credit note and a link to this blog should you use any of my images in your creations and post them on your blog. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with my full terms of use found in the 'Download Instructions & T.O.U.' tab at the top of this page. Of important note:  Please do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog(s) so they can grab the image for themselves. If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.

_______________________________________________________________
I invite you to go and check out, not only, the wonderful creations some members of my Design Team had the opportunity to create over on the Path of Positivity (click HERE for the midway) but also some of the great entries into this month's challenge (click HERE for the challenge).  I also invite you to come over and enter a project yourself, if you haven't already.  I'm sure you know of someone who could use a boost of courage to face what is going on in their life.  Why not create a card that helps to deliver some encouragement to someone special in your life. 
Well, that is it for today!  Have a great week ahead everyone! 
Until next time,


3 comments:

Kiwi said...

So true,both of them! Thanks so much Lisa :-)

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing lisa

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Lisa - thank you for the reminders regarding courage, and the encouragement for us to live courageous lives! Your sentiments are wonderful (thanks for sharing them). Your empathy also entails courage, as many people who suffer are unable see beyond themselves, and I think that takes a lot of strength! Hope you are doing well. hugs, de