Don't forget that one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for 3 images. So, you could technically win 8 images! Just think of all the wonderful projects you could make with all those digis.
This week I got to work with:
Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for this week's challenge...
Here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- This is the card I created for my parents as they deal with the loss of my father's oldest and dearest friend.
- It was a bit of a challenge to incorporate buttons into a sympathy card. I wanted something tasteful so I went with flowers. The buttons made the perfect centrepieces for them.
- Oh and until I can figure out why I can't change ANY of the fonts to normal, unless it is cut and pasted from another post, I'm switching fonts. It is either that or I am about to pull all my hair out.
- Hmmm. One of the challenges is Show us the Green. I hope I have enough to qualify.
- Flower Blooms: The image on the front of the card is Digi Darla's Layered Flower Blooms. It was coloured using Copic Markers. Flower: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17. I also used the same image to create a watermark in behind the quote on the inside. This is the quote that I did up as part of the tribute to my Godfather who passed away February 26th. If you'd like a copy of the quote in its various formats go HERE.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Papers: Cream and yellow paper (front & inside)--Recollection's All Girl paper pad. The green paper I used for layering is from the scrap pile; so, sorry I don't know what it is.
- Green sparkly ribbon--Celebrate It TM --purple label from Michaels.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge -- Challenge #7: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #70: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Sketch
- Eureka Stamps -- Challenge #30: Spring Has Sprung
- QKR Stampede -- Show us the Green/ St. Patty's Day
- Great Impressions Stamps -- Going Green
So, won't you come and join us over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there check out the fabulous creations from my teammates. As always, we look forward to seeing your entries.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any further formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.