Here is the front of my card...
Here is the inside...
- Isn't this paper yummy? Not your traditional Christmas colours but that is one of the reasons I love it so much.
- This stamp is from Stamp 'n Doodle. It is called Fairy in Waiting and is available for purchase HERE.
- Copic markers used--Girl: E000, E00, E02 (skin); E02 (lips); E21, E23, E25 (hair); E25 (eye). Clothing: BG72, BG75, BG78 (leotard & ballet slippers); BG70, BG72 (tutu & hair ribbon). Ground: Grey and black watercolour pencils. Grounding around image: RV00 and the colourless blender.
- Unfortunately, I didn't have the exact right colours to match the blue of the DP but I think it came pretty close. It actually looks more like a match in person. In hindsight, I probably should have just extended the pink to the edges but I figured that then the shadow background would be lost so I hope that it looks okay.
- Due to the difference between BG70 and BG72, I used the palette transfer method again. You can see the difference this technique makes. The main colour in the leotard is BG72 and you can see how much darker it is than the first level of shading in the tutu. I will definitely be employing this technique over and over again in future projects.
- Believe (front): Mine.
- Magic of the Season (inside): Mine too.
- Card Base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Pastel pack.
- Designer Papers: Damask paper (front)--Recollections Bright Christmas Cardstock Paper.
- Other Papers: Pink cardstock (shadow on front) --Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- I debated whether to place a shadow behind the sentiment on the inside but I think it looks better without.
- Craft brand white ribbon--from Dollarama.
- Flowers all from Dollarama.
- Lady Anne's Challenges -- Progressive Christmas Card Challenge #2.
- Stamp 'n Doodle -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge -- Challenge #7: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #72: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge -- Challenge #116: Merry and Bright
- My Paper Crafting -- Digi Desserts Fridaze
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge 2 -- Anything Goes
- Forever Friends Challenge Blog -- March Challenge--Lots of Flowers
Well that is it for this month's Christmas cards for the LAPCC. This time I managed to get my cards done and uploaded with a whole 19 hours to spare. Not like last month where I only had eight minutes left before the challenge closed. At least I'm headed in the right direction!
Until next time,