Hello everyone. We are at the halfway point in our second Scribbles Design Challenge. There is still lots of time for you to come on over and enter. The theme this month is 'Shades of Red', such a wonderful colour to work with.
Entering is easy peasy:
- Please use a Scribbles Designs image. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE.
- Follow the theme of the challenge.
- Enter as many times as you'd like.
- Combine your entry with other challenges.
- New projects/cards only - no back linking.
Here is a card to provide you with a little inspiration. This is the front...
Here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- One of the challenges I'm entering calls for hearts and dots. I'm not sure whether one single heart cuts it but there are lots and lots of dots. Maybe they'll make up for the lack of many hearts. You never know...
- Hugs (front): I just love this little hugs guy on the front of the card. He puts a smile on my face every time I see him and I just want to hug everyone that is around. Good thing there is only my husband or that might get a bit awkward. If you are interested in purchasing this image it is available HERE. I opened the image up in Photoshop Essentials and recoloured the letters in 'hugs' to match the paper I had scanned in and grabbed the colour using the eyedropper tool.
- Hugs Monster Sentiment (inside): This sentiment is another great freebie that I got from Paulette over at Create With TLC. I thought it fit perfectly with Sandy's great sentiment. I recoloured the word 'monster' the same way I did the first.
- The edges for both were inked up using a blending tool and Memento Rhubarb coloured ink. Unfortunately, I was a little heavy handed on the right hand side. Oops!
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers: Both papers (front & inside)-- Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad.
- Crafts white ribbon--from Dollarama.
- Pearls--from Dollarama.
- Heart gem--from Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
So, what are you waiting for? We look forward to seeing what you create. Come join in the fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time. As I've now added to my comment section, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write me a little note. Whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.