This month we are looking for projects with Shades of Green or Easter. So show us your designs covering the spectrum of the colour green or your Easter related cards--either theme is just fine.
Green is the colour of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility and a strong emotional correspondence with safety. Green also has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye and can even improve vision. Additionally, green suggests stability and endurance. Dark green is commonly associated with money, ambition, greed, and jealousy. Yellow- green can indicate sickness, cowardice, discord, and jealousy. Olive green is the traditional color of peace. Aqua is associated with emotional healing and protection. (Author Unknown. (2002-2013). Color Meaning. Available: http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html. Last accessed 13th February 2013.)So what will you come up with and will your project have any significant meaning? It doesn't have to have any particular association with the meaning of the colour, I just thought it might be interesting to share with all of you what the different shades of the colour green mean, just like I shared what the colour red meant during the last challenge.
Don't forget that in order to qualify you MUST use a Scribbles Designs image, following the theme of the challenge. You can enter as many times as you'd like and you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges. However, we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on April 14th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive 3 digital images. Additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free one over on the challenge blog as well.
To help inspire you, here is a card I created using two of Sandy's wonderful images from the store. You can purchase the sunflower frame HERE and the sunflower on the inside is available as a freebie HERE.
Here is the front of the card...
Here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- If Olive green is the traditional colour of peace, I hope that includes peace of mind.
- This is card will be going to my Godmother in recognition of my Godfather's passing a couple weeks ago now.
- Sunflower Frame: The image on the front of the card is Sandy's sunflower frame image and is currently available HERE in the store. This is such a beautiful image. When coming up with my layout I had decided that I wanted the focus to be on the image and sentiment but when I had it printed out and was placing it, I just wasn't happy with what I was seeing. Thus, I came up with the idea to print another copy of the frame, fussycut around both and then stack them kitty-corner to each other. I'm not sure what you guy's think, but I am pleased with the effect. It was coloured using Copic markers. Flowers: Y13, Y15, Y17 (petals); E21, E23, E25 (centre). Frame: G20.
- I made a minature version of Sandy's Sunflowers 1 image and used it as line art on the inside.
- Verse on front: The sentiment I used on the front is available HERE. I offered it yesterday as part of my 100th Follower celebration. I just centred it within the frame before printing it out.
- Inside sentiment: One I created.
- Card base: Crafts Brand Cardstock, pastel green coloured--available Dollarama.
- Designer Papers: Floral paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--green colours collection. Dark green (inside)--same.
- Crafts brand 1/2 inch mint green ribbon--from Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge -- Challenge #7: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #71: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Sketch
- Make It Monday -- Challenge #131: Anything Goes (always)
- (Pin)spirational Challenges -- Picture Inspiration
So find that stash of green paper and haul out all your green markers OR show us your Easter cards. Remember you have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. While you are there, please check out the great inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We look forward to seeing what you come up with for this month's theme!
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size, font or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.