Today marks the start of the newest challenge over at the darling Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #79 the theme is "Anything Goes with an Optional Twist: Back to School". This month is strictly anything goes--everyone's favourite challenge. However, Emily has come up with some interesting optional twists for this month; so, for this week the optional twist is Back to School. What makes you think back to school? We'd love to see your take on the twist although remember it is completely optional.
As always, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digis in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- As I mentioned last week, there were a couple cards that I worked on for the Digi Darla newsletter and also another that had been started but not finished. So, this month's whole month of 'anything goes' was definitely beneficial. Then some optional twists came into play but luckily it isn't imperative that the DT members follow the twists; even though it means I'll be wracked with a little guilt over it. So, I have desperately tried to make the twist fit my card. Yup, I'm doing it the other way around this week.
- Once again, while the front of the card was created for a past edition of the newsletter, the inside was after the fact and I worked on it last week.
- As you now know, the twist this week is 'Back to School'. So here is how I'm making the twist fit my card:
- One can never have enough shoes or purses for school right? Shoe and purse shopping are always part of any back to school mission planning. Additionally, each new school year affords a person the opportunity to grow and learn something new, thereby changing the direction of their life forever. It also means taking in many different ideas in order to give you the information you need to make important choices. Thus, back to school = new shoes and new opportunities and places where those shoes will take you--you just have to decide which direction you want them to take you in. How's that for 'twisted' logic! That is my version of how the twist relates to my project and I'm sticking with it!
- Let's start with the front shall we...
- You can find this cool sentiment in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
- I used red glitter glue to give some of the shoes a little pizazz.
- The ribbon is Offray brand from a stash I got from my momma.
Here is an overall view of the inside...
- You can find these gorgeous heels in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above. I coloured them digitally in Photoshop Essentials 5, added a sentiment and a lower box to add a personal message and then fussy cut the whole thing out.
- One I created to continue the concept from the front of the card.
- Card base: Crafts Brand card kit, red -- available Dollarama.
- Designer Paper:
- Shoe and purses paper (front & inside) and polka dotted paper (front) -- Recollection's All Girl paper pad.
- The red paper used for matting on the front -- Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,