First up, my heart goes out to all those individuals and their families and loved ones who were affected by the senseless massacre that occurred yesterday in Washington D.C., in the United States. I just don't understand why these people do the things they do. In truth, I hope to never be able to wrap my head around such senselessness. Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to any of you caught up in this devastation.
Secondly, the battle of the bug continues and I find myself at the computer less and less these days. I am just so wiped out that I don't have the energy to go back on-line after I come back upstairs for the evening. As a result I continue to slip further and further behind. So, once again I find myself apologizing for my lack of visits to your blogs and the speed at which I'm getting to your emails. All I seem to be doing as of late is apologizing. Can you tell I'm Canadian? :O) Apparently, we Canadians say we're sorry so much that we are now spoofed on television doing it. However, if there has to be stereotypes associated with our country, I can certainly live with the one that we are apparently 'too polite'.
Okay, now it is time to get on with the show....
I am so pleased to announce that my good friend IKE from IKE's WORLD (blog) and IKE's ART (store) has finally decided to jump into the foray of challenges. It is bloody well time girl!
If you've been following me for awhile now, you know I am a big fan of Ike's work. I think she has been in the showcase on four different occasions this past year. I've managed to work with a couple of her images but certainly not as many as I'd like to.
Well, in celebration of Ike's first challenge, I decided to create a project with the sole purpose of entering this challenge. The theme for this inaugural challenge is Tic-Tac-Toe so I decided to go with the line:
Sparkles * Tag * Lace
Here is what I came up with...
- Sorry that once again the quality of the picture isn't the best. I am still having to scan my creations. It is rather difficult to go camera shopping when you have no voice to ask questions. Yup, going on what, four or five weeks now and still no voice although if I try very softly and slowly I can squeak a word or two out but as soon as I try and speed it up or talk in my normal range it disappears. Weird huh?
- Okay, so to adhere to the requirements of the challenge, I have created a basic tag, used lace for my fastener, and while it is difficult to see (although if you click on it to open it up in the lightbox it is more visible), there are sparkles in my lace and also in the centre of each poinsettia.
- The poinsettia image was one that Ike offered as a freebie last year I believe and it was the perfect image for my Christmas tag. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find it in the store, so if you are interested in purchasing it contact Ike directly (her email address is in her sidebar on her BLOG).
- I have coloured this beautiful poinsettia image with Copic markers: R22, R24, R29 (petals); YG61, YG63, YG67 (leaves). As mentioned above, I used red glitter glue to add some sparkly goodness to the centre of each flower.
- The lace is Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
- Designer Papers:
- The striped paper and the word 'joy' (which has been fussy cut from a larger sheet filled with various words and images) are both from the Recollection's Bright Christmas Paper Pad.
So how about joining me and helping Ike's first challenge be a smashing success! The rules are pretty easy:
- If you want to win the Prize you MUST use an IKE'sART image. It is a pretty awesome prize too: a $15 gift certificate to Ike's store. Cool huh?!!
- If you don't have one of Ike's images already, she has offered up a freebie on the challenge blog. If you don't like the one she has available you can find more for sale in her STORE. Please just make sure that you don't pin, google+ or share Ike's unwatermarked images in any way though. Too many artist's are seeing their images ripped off in this manner and it is so disrespectful. If you want to show people the image you used, please request a watermarked copy.
- You may use all or any part of her images for your creation and Ike gives you permission to play around with them by even making them into zombies if you want!
- You are limited to 3 entries per person and of course all the regular type of rules exist as well: no backlinking, link your post not your blog, etc., etc.
- Most importantly HAVE FUN! Which is exactly what I did!!!
Congrats Ike on finally making the plunge!!!
I wish you all the success in the world!!