Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays Part I: September Kit Starts Today

If you are new to my blog and would like to know how Wonderful Wednesdays got started, please click HERE.

Hello, my friends!  It is time to start presenting items for the September kit and since I missed last week, I need to pull double duty today. For some reason I was thinking that September had five Wednesdays but it is only five Sundays and Mondays.  Oh well, these things happen, especially if you live in my head.  

However, it is going on 3:00 am and as much as I wanted to finish getting the papers ready before heading off to bed so that I could just put the one post out, that is not going to happen.  Hmmmmm....I'm sensing a touch of deja vu?  Didn't I say this exact same thing last month?!  Well, last month I was running REALLY late, today I just want to try and get into bed a little earlier in an effort to get up a bit earlier tomorrow.  So once again, I'm splitting this week's post into two pieces.  Thus I will publish the Lovely Lettering portion of today now, and create another post this afternoon for the Paper Play portion.  So, let's get started with the September kit shall we? The theme for this month's kit is:

FALL INTO FALL

In my neck of the woods, the air is starting to cool and soon the leaves will start their colour transition into a beautiful spectrum of autumn colours.  So why not capture those beautiful fall hues in a kit?

To start off with, here is the Lovely Lettering portion of the kit.  For this month's word (September), I'm doing the same type of thing that I did last month by using a number of various photographs that are in the public domain and then creating text masks.  Here is what I came up with for this month...






These types of pictures just lend themselves so well for creating word art.  These images are all pngs and are quite large to accommodate scrapbooking pages; so, if you need to make them smaller, you can do so easily without distorting them.  The first four pictures I used to create the word art are all available over at morgueFile and the last one is from Public Domain Pictures.  Individual credits appear below.

I'll be back sometime this evening with the papers for this month's kit.  I have yet to start them but I should be able to get them out by tomorrow night--hopefully!

As always, I'd love to see what you come up with if you use anything I create on any of your projects. 

Until this evening,

Credit Notes For This Creation:
© 2013, Lisa L. Décosse.  PUO.  However, you are allowed to use the words on handmade projects that you intend to sell on a small scale basis provided credit is given.  You also need to include a credit note and a link to this blog should you use any of my images in your creations and post them on your blog.  Please be sure to familiarize yourself with my full terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  I have included a quick summary below.  These words have been created using images in the public domain. In order of appearance here are the photo credits:
  1. pennywise (morgueFile)
  2. bosela (morgueFile)
  3. taliesin (morgueFile)
  4. mensatic (morgueFile)
  5. George Hodan (Public Domain Pictures)
 
If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.  
 
Please be sure to read the Angel policy found under the copyright info tab above for the full terms.  Below is a q
uick summary of those Terms of Use:    

Along with the Credit Note above... 
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' or 'Lisa L. Décosse' somewhere on your creation
  • Credit and provide a link if you post a creation on your blog using any of my work in your creations.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.  If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

7 comments:

Suze said...

Thanks Lisa - these are wonderful. Of course, in my neck of the woods we are just headed into spring. Seeing daffodils around the place a bit at the moment. Even though I love the spring flowers, the autumn colours are just so spectacular. It is so wonderful seeing those colours on my visits around various challenge blogs and the bonus of this kit. Looking forward to seeing what you have created with the papers. Hope you managed to have a good sleep.

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful your September words are, Lisa! Wow! Such talent. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very nice, Lisa!

Crafting Vicky said...

These are really awesome word art. Thank you so much for spoiling us this way.

Edwina said...

thank you for all the SEPTEMBER's Very pretty prints for them. Edwina Brown

ike said...

How cool :-) Here of course, we don't really get Fall.. in fact, we don't really have Seasons - it's either hot or it's not. We do get a sort of Spring when everything is really green, but it's all burnt away before too long !!! :-)

Hugz
IKE xxxxx

SAMARA said...

Your post and this creation are both beautiful Lisa! What a fantastic page this would make as an intro to either an album of cards or scrapbooking. I can so see it for cataloguing both, something which I am just getting onto - the importance of capturing time that the art was created. You have really don't this here by celebrating how September is all about embracing change and about transformation into the Cave. I love it! Way to go...I love your project. People are blessed by you! xox