Sandy is having a birthday today! What better way to celebrate our fearless leader's birthday than with a crafty (surprise) hop!? Every stop along the way has a surprise birthday project for Sandy created by each of her design team members. Sandy is such an inspiration to all of us and she has been so supportive and generous. She's a great friend and a very talented and artistic woman! Happy Birthday, Sandy!
Here is my project and details...
Here is my project and details...
- I have created a gatefold card. Go Me! I figured since it was a special occasion that I should do something a little more involved than my typical rectangle card, for our amazing leader. Sandy is a very special woman who is extremely talented, and even more generous; so, she definitely deserves a little extra TLC.
- Hope you like it Sandy. I'm afraid that physical version of this card won't be there for your birthday considering I'm staring at it at this moment. Hopefully, I will get it popped into the mail soon.
- I've used three of Sandy's fabulous images all available over at the Scribbles Designs Store. If you'd like to purchase any of these images, just click on the watermarks and it should take you to their location in the store.
- First up, on the front I used this cool sentiment. I've used it a few times before. I just love it for so many different reasons. I recoloured it in my editting program and then print it out and fussy cut it and then inked up the edges. The left half was glued to the front of my card.
|#013 Eat Cake Quote|
- Next I needed something to help keep the card closed and Sandy's party hat was the perfect image for the job. I coloured it up with Copics using B00, B02, RV00, RV02, V01 and V04 to match the colours in my paper. This image was also fussy cut. The bottom half only was glued to the card so that the top half could serve as a clasp of sorts.
|#909 Birthday Cake & Hat|
- For the inside I used the great Carrie Diva image. Since she is our mascot, she was perfect for Sandy's card. She has been coloured with Copics using E31, E33, E39 (hair); E000, E00, E02, R20 and coloured pencil [for mouth] (skin); B91, B93, R20, R22, R24 (clothing and shoes); RV00, RV02, B02, B05, Y17, YR04 (cake and candles); coloured pencils for party hat; B00 and colourless blender for grounding around image although the scanner didn't pick it up; and finally, coloured pencils for the actual ground.
|#123 Carrie Birthday Diva|
- One I created for the occasion. Oops...maybe I shouldn't have told everyone your age Sandt. Sorry about that. Wasn't really able to keep this 50th bday card anonymous.
- Card base: Crafts Brand Cardstock, pastel blue coloured--available Dollarama.
- Designer Paper: DP used on the front and inside is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- The dark brown cardstock used on the front and inside as matting is Crafts Brand Cardstock, available Dollarama.
Next head on over to SAM's blog for your next stop in this special birthday blog hop.
Here's the entire line up, in case you get lost...
Make sure your last stop is SANDY so you can wish her a happy birthday!
We hope that you have a most wonderful day, dearest leader.
If you'd like to wish Sandy a happy birthday on your blog, you are more than welcome to take a copy of the this badge for your sidebar.
Until next time,