Monday, November 11, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenge #88 -- Berrylicious

Hello!  It is bright and early this Monday morning which means I'll currently be snuggled under the covers, having just fallen asleep.  Yes, I live in backwardsville.  Now while I may not be awake at 11:00 am to take a couple of moments in silence to remember all those who have risked their life to save our country and keep the peace,  I will be doing so later this afternoon on this solemn Remembrance Day.

For now though, it is time for Challenge #88 and the theme this week is "Berrylicious".  Mmm, mmm and yum, yum.  Sweet succulent berries of all kinds.   For this challenge we want to see berries incorporated into your project.  Whether you use cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, another kind of berry or a mixture of them all, show us your berrylicious creations.

As it usually goes, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images!  If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter. 

I've used the following Digi Darla images in my project this week: 

http://www.digidarladesigns.com/DigiDarlas-Chocolate-Cake-Colored_p_2218.htmlhttp://www.digidarladesigns.com/DigiDarlas-Sweet-Strawberries_p_2433.html

Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Comments: 

  • This card is for my cousin's partner who will be celebrating her birthday in just a few days.

FRONT

Digital Image: 
  • Chocolate Cake Colored: Don't those chocolate covered strawberries on the top of the cake look yummy?  You can find this precoloured image in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
    • While the image of the cake itself was coloured, I decided that I wanted to ground it because it looked a little odd just sitting in the middle of the white space.  I'm not sure why, but my grounding didn't really blend well at all this time around.  Usually it is so much smoother.
Paper Products:
  • Digital Designer Paper:  
    • The strawberry and lime paper and the swirly one are from K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.  
Embellishments:
  • I decided the card needed a little something extra so I fussycut out some strawberries from the remaining bit of designer paper and added them to the opposite corners.  You know me, I have this preference for symmetrical balance.
  
INSIDE
Digital Image: 
  • Strawberries:  You can find this tasty image in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
    • This time around I used the image as simple line art matching the colour to that of my paper.
Digital Sentiment: 
  • I worked the sentiment around the image using brown to match the cake on the front.  Then I printed it all out together.

OVERALL  
Card Base:
  • Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
  • Matting used on front and inside is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.

Challenges I am hoping to enter...
  • Well I've decided to try and enter a couple challenges this week.  Ones where I know people on the design teams.  Maybe if I get lucky and win, one of my buddies might give me the heads up.  I can only hope because knowing me, I'll never get back there on time to see the winners list before the prize expires...

So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR interesting take on this week's berrylicious challenge by entering your creation at Digi Darla's?  While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team.  We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with. 

Until next time,

8 comments:

Pia S said...

How yummy that chocolate cake looks! And such a great image for different occasions!
Thanks for catching up on my blog - I've been having quite some internet trouble myself, taking several minutes from I hit publish button to it actually publishes... My hubby did "something" with my laptop on Sunday, so it seems to be working at high speed now:)

Karon said...

Fabulous card, that cake looks so delicious! TFS

Edwina said...

Hey, No fair. That looks too delicious! Now I am wanting a piece of dark chocolate cake. I love strawberries too. Your card is fabulous. The cake does look real. Love the inside of your card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Jo Ann said...

That slice of cake in your card looks yummy. Always like dark chocolate...LOL Marvelous job! Thanks for taking the time to join the fun in our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create! God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Crafting Vicky said...

That is a really yummy card!!! I also used that image at one point and really love it!

Chana Malkah said...

Strawberries and chocolate! Very cute creation! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Denise Pustelniak said...

This looks so berrylicious!

Alyx said...

Mmmmm...cake. Very tasty card!

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx