Hidee Ho all you people out there in blogland! It is the second Saturday in November and that means I have the pleasure of bringing you my latest card showcasing an image from Fresh Brewed Designs (FBD). Today I am using the adorable image from FBD called--Owl Love You.
My parents met in March of 1962, started going out in April and were married by November. In six short months they knew they wanted to be together for the rest of their lives. I came along about five years later. They have been through hardships, through financial struggles and through many illnesses. They have also experienced their fair share of successes and good times too. Their crowning achievement is of course me...oh right this isn't about me. I keep forgetting! Anyways, through it all, they stayed together and I couldn't ask for two more incredible parents to have been blessed with.
Here are my cards and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Owl Love You: This image is currently available in the FBD store. You can find it by clicking on the image name or watermark above.
- Since my parents both have brown hair it is only fitting that the owls have brown colouring as well. Copics used... Owls: E21, E23, E25, Y35, Y38, BG10. Branch: E31, E33, E39. Leaves: G12, G16. Colourless Blender and BG10 to ground image.
- I determined the size that my circle frame was going to be and then created the love birds sentiment to fit around the edge. I printed the sentiment directly onto the cardstock.
- The dark brown ribbon is Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- I used Elegant Edges to create the dark brown frame for around the image.
- One I created.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers:
- The gorgeous brown and green damask paper used on the front and a similar green used on the inside are two of my favourite papers. They are both from Recollection's Mosaic Memories Paper Pad.
- The brown cardstock used as matting (front and inside) and for the frame is Crafts Brand Cardstock, picked up at Dollarama.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you have the chance to go and check out Owl Love You along with all the other great images available in the store.
Psst...I've mentioned that there are three awesome sentiments all about HOPE available on the FBD store homepage, well they're still there but since I don't know how long, if you haven't grabbed them yet, make sure you do so before they disappear.
At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!
Until next time,