Saturday, November 09, 2013

Card Design: Fresh Brewed Designs DT Post for November


Hidee Ho all you people out there in blogland!  It is the second Saturday in November and that means I have the pleasure of bringing you my latest card showcasing an image from Fresh Brewed Designs (FBD).  Today I am using the adorable image from FBD called--Owl Love You

Aren't they just so sweet?  You see the big guy there on the left?  Well that is my poppa.  And the cute little one on the right?  Well that just happens to be my momma.  Well at least that is the case with the card I have created to show you today.  You see, tomorrow my parents will be celebrating their 51st wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it has been 51 years.  That makes me...old.  Ugh!  But today is not about me, it is about them.  

My parents met in March of 1962, started going out in April and were married by November.  In six short months they knew they wanted to be together for the rest of their lives.  I came along about five years later.  They have been through hardships, through financial struggles and through many illnesses.  They have also experienced their fair share of successes and good times too.  Their crowning achievement is of course me...oh right this isn't about me.  I keep forgetting!  Anyways, through it all, they stayed together and I couldn't ask for two more incredible parents to have been blessed with. 

Here are my cards and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...


FRONT 
Digital Images: 
  • Owl Love You:  This image is currently available in the FBD store.  You can find it by clicking on the image name or watermark above.
  • Since my parents both have brown hair it is only fitting that the owls have brown colouring as well. Copics used... Owls: E21, E23, E25, Y35, Y38, BG10.  Branch:  E31, E33, E39.  Leaves:  G12, G16.  Colourless Blender and BG10 to ground image.
Digital Sentiment:
  • I determined the size that my circle frame was going to be and then created the love birds sentiment to fit around the edge.  I printed the sentiment directly onto the cardstock.   
Embellishments:
  • The dark brown ribbon is Crafts brand from Dollarama.
Cricut Cartridge:
  • I used Elegant Edges to create the dark brown frame for around the image. 

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created.   

OVERALL
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:   
    • The gorgeous brown and green damask paper used on the front and a similar green used on the inside are two of my favourite papers.  They are both from Recollection's Mosaic Memories Paper Pad.
    • The brown cardstock used as matting (front and inside) and for the frame is Crafts Brand Cardstock, picked up at Dollarama.
Well that is it for my monthly FBD post.  I'll be back each 2nd Saturday of the month with another creation to show you.  Of course, I'll also probably be showing off other images and/or creations using Fresh Brewed Designs images during other times of the month as well, so you'll want to keep checking to make sure you don't miss any of Heather's superb images.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you have the chance to go and check out Owl Love You along with all the other great images available in the store.


Psst...I've mentioned that there are three awesome sentiments all about HOPE available on the FBD store homepage, well they're still there but since I don't know how long, if you haven't grabbed them yet, make sure you do so before they disappear. 



At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!





Until next time,

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa. So love the earthy tones and yes those too little birdies are definitely in love.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What a SWEET post. It made me smile reading about your parents and all of their achievements (including you, lol ;) Congratulations to them! and to you. This card is ADORABLE and I know they will treasure it always.

HUGS,
Heather

Edwina said...

Lisa, I love this card. I love the papers you used and those owls are so cute. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Karon said...

Such a sweet card - love the papers and the font for the sentiment! TFS

Amy A said...

Lisa, this is just sweet! Love the design and color palette. Your post is just as sweet. Love it!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and sharing some luv with a fellow Canadian. ;-)

I'm uber happy to say I'm your newest follower!

~hugs~
Amy

Crafting Vicky said...

That is such an awesome card for them!!! Love it!