Monday, November 04, 2013

Card Design: Sami's Stamps...Challenge #7

While trolling through Paper Playful the other day, I came across some familiar names listed as winners in a challenge.  Since many people have the same name, I clicked through to confirm that the person I was thinking of was indeed a winner.  The challenge was over at Sami Stamps.  My good friend Vicky, a.k.a. Crafting Vicky, had recently sent me a link to Sami's store as she had a new adorable image up as a freebie.  So I am only recently acquainted with this blog.

While I was over checking the names, I came across the blog's latest challenge.  Now while there were only 2 and 1/2 days left to enter, there were no entries.  As you know, lately I haven't had the time to enter any challenges.  It isn't so much that I can't take 10 minutes to find a few to enter, the problem is that I am so busy I never get a chance to check on the outcomes until it is too late which makes taking those 10 minutes to enter, wasted time.  I have no time to waste.  However, for some reason I was drawn to create for this challenge.  The Link up looked lonely and since I don't like to be lonely myself, I figured I would create a card to keep it company.  It helped that the theme was clean and simple.  That I can manage in just a couple days.

Now of course, by the time I created and entered my card, others had joined in but that is perfectly okay because now the link up would have someone else to talk to when it and my card ran out of things to say.

No I am not crazy.  

Well at least I didn't think I was crazy.  However, when I went back over to the challenge just now to confirm I had all the details correct, the link up is now saying that there is 26 days to link up.  Ummm...my reasoning for creating the card in the first place seem a bit silly now given all that extra time there is for linking up.  The Link up is sure to get some more projects joining in so it really won't be lonely after all.  I suppose it should be the thought that counts.  Even if those thoughts are a little off the rails.

Here is my card and the details.  I hope I haven't missed anything...

FRONT
Digital Image:
  • Arms full of love:  This is such a stunning image.  It is simple in design but conveys so much incredible emotion.  It is currently still a freebie over at Sami Stamps.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location in the store.
http://samistampsshop.blogspot.ca/p/freebies.html
    • It was coloured using Copic markers.  Hair: E11, E13, E15, E19 (hair).  Skin: E000, E00, E02.  Top:  B21, B24.
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created but haven't released yet.
Embellishments:
  • The ribbon on the front is Celebrate It brand purchased at Michael's.
  • The hearts used on the front are Crafts brand purchased at Dollarama.

INSIDE

Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created but haven't released yet.

OVERALL
Paper Products:

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  
    • Heart paper (front)--This paper is from Recollection's Signature Special, My Favourite Things paper pad.
    • Solid blue paper used on inside--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Challenges I wish to enter:

Well, guys thanks for stopping by.  I hope that you enjoyed your time here and will be back to visit me again soon!

Until next time,
 

9 comments:

ike said...

That's a wonderful card Lisa :-) Such a sweet image and a lovely Senti you made :-)
Thanks for the heads-up on this site... I went over to Follow and have a looksee :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Great card - such pretty colouring of a pretty image. Glad you got chance to enter a challenge - I find challenges a lot of fun - my BF says I'm obsessed! Sami's challenges are monthly so plenty of time - not sure what was going on with the linky.

Take care,
Kitty

Nonni said...

Hi Lisa, hee hee, what a nice blog post this was to read! :) I'm happy you entered our challenge -maybe you can enter again too now that you found out that there's still plenty of time to play along! Great use of Sami's image and a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sami Stamps!

Karon said...

Beautiful card and love the image and sentiment! TFS

Edwina said...

what a lovely card. I love that blue and the font for your sentiment. Edwina Brown

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Lisa! I especially like the way the black outline of the hearts is slightly off. The fonts are lovely! it sure is a pretty image, too! hugs, de

Crafting Vicky said...

ok I'm caught up with the older posts... so can catch up on the newest!!! This is totally stunning. The sentiment in the front is fabulous. Just love it! So soft and pretty.

And my friend a little craziness is what is needed in this world ;o)

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! I love this card so much! Your card is being displayed in the Sami Stamps Crafter's Gallery! =)

http://www.samistamp.blogspot.com/p/crafters-gallery.html

Grandma Bonnie said...

Hi, there, i just wanted to say thanks for participating in Sami Stamps challenge..we will have a new challenge coming up this Friday and i hope you can join us! I think you made a sweet card!