Friday, November 01, 2013

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge # 10 Midway Point

It is time to present my midway card for the Scribbles Design Challenge blog.  There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month is 'Shades of Orange'.  As long as you use the colour orange in your project in a significant enough way, it doesn't matter what kind of card you create!

Entering is super simple:

  • You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice.  You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE.  You can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE.
  • Follow the theme of the challenge. 
  • Enter as many times as you'd like with an SD image.  If you aren't using an SD image you will be limited to three entries.
  • Combine your entry with other challenges.  
  • New projects/cards only - no back linking.  
You have until 9pm PST on November 14th to come over and play with us. Winners, chosen by Random.org, receive 3 digital images; additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team and possibly some other goodies too.  

I had a chance to create a project to help provide you with a little extra inspiration.  Here are the card details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything...


General Information:

  • Yes, I realize that Hallowe'en is now past us but I had made this card at the same time that I did my card for the start of the challenge since everything but the images and the sentiments were going to be the same.  It just made sense to get everything cut out and put together at the same time.  This one is for my surrogate niece JoJo.
FRONT
Digital Image:
  • Cauldron:  This rather cool caldron filled with a frightful mixture of items is called Witch's Brew.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location in the store.

    • It was coloured using Copic markers.  Flames:  Y15, Y17, YR04, YR07.  Cauldron: C5, C7, 100. Boo: V12, V15, V17. Bones: W1, W3, W5. Goo: YG00, YG03, YG06 and colourless blender.

 INSIDE
Digital Sentiment:

  • One I created and just released during the last Wonderful Wednesday.  If you are interested in it, you can go HERE.

OVERALL
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
  • Designer Papers:  
    • Hallowe'en themed papers (front)--These papers are from Recollection's All Seasons Paper Pad.
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme.  With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless.  Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT.  We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!

Until next time,

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oooh, thats one scary pot lol.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS We have moved solidly for 5 days and we are now in our little apartment situated in the tree tops with awesome bird life, so tranquil. But there are still a mountain of boxes to sort out etc. xxx

SAMARA said...

Oh my gosh Lisa this is so fun! I love your sense of humour when it comes out in your cards. You make the most fun sentiments, not to mention always beautiful and so creatively artistic, when you use the funny and cool images. I love that it is Sandy's Challenge that you are highlighting today. I know you really admire both Sandy and her work so it is wonderful that she gets YOU to give her Kudos on her Challenge. I think anyone is blessed to have you as their promoter! They should line up and pick straws for such a blessed place in your blog. Your coloring Lisa is so outstanding. I love how you shade outside the brew for instance in the green. It makes it so much more effective and well "brewy!" if that is even a word, but I know it is a visual and you re able to accomplish it everytime the way you are so skilled at coloring. It is very cool, and I know I say this each time, but I don't think a person can mention this enough times, how you always give credence where it is due. You are do diligent about that. I hope people reciprocate and do the same with your art and creations. Yikes...Oops...I have to start! OMG. You deserve this so much. Sorry Lisa - I will get on this immediately with this next post. Thank you for your art. It is always such a pleasure to come over here and visit your site and read your posts. xox

Cely said...

beautiful lisa!!!

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card. I saw it on the Scribbles blog. I like your flames. They look almost real. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

ike said...

FABULOUS card Lisa - I love how you coloured the awesome little cauldron :-)

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

Karon said...

Fabulous colouring, love the image and the interior is wonderful with your great sentiment! TFS

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful, Lisa! Your colouring is outstanding, as usual, and the sentiment is so perfect!

Sharla said...

Love how you colored that oh so awesomely creepy cauldron! Fabulous!!

Crafting Vicky said...

such a great card! I'm sure that she totally loved it!!!!