Friday, November 22, 2013

Card Design: Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge #10-Second Card

Woo Hoo!!!  I did it!  I actually managed to get the card completed late last night and am getting it posted with a whole 11 hours and 45 minutes to go.

So, here is my second card for the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge.  If you want to see all the preamble from the previous post related to this challenge and the sponsor, you can go HERE.

Here is my card and details.  I hope I don't forget anything...

General Information:
  • In an effort to be as speedy as possible, I decided to create a one layer card that just looks like a three layer card.  I used two digital papers and added two digital elements along with the image itself for the front of the card and one paper and one digital element on the inside.  Of course, not a one layer card challenge can be found anywhere!!!
  • The digital layout took me roughly an hour and a half to complete and then after printing it out, assembly and colouring took another hour and a half.  All in all, one of my fastest cards ever! 

FRONT
Digital Image:

  • Snow Lady:  This sweet little snow lady image is of course from this month's sponsor, Fred She SaidYou can find it in the store by clicking on the watermark below.  The set includes both the coloured and uncoloured versions.
http://fred-she-said-store.blogspot.ca/2012/11/snow-lady-light-up-your-holidays.html
    • Looking at this image reminds me that I always forget the shadow that the image itself actually casts.  Too bad I hadn't found this image BEFORE I coloured my own.  Oh well, lesson learned.
    • The image was coloured with Copic Markers.  Outfit:  RV19, RV34.  Nose: YR04, YR07.  Lights:  YR21, YR23.  Snow lady: B91, B93, colourless blender (body); E70, E74 (arms).  I drew in some snowflakes and added a bit of snow on the ground with a coloured pencil.
 
INSIDE

OVERALL 
Paper Products:

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Papers:
  • As mentioned above, this card was created using a number of digital items.  
    • The front was created by first laying down a digital paper in Publisher.  
    • Next I added the icicle border element at the top of the paper.  
    • In another program, I took the 'Let it Snow' frame and a swirly whitish and very light blue paper and created a mask to combine the two, so that my frame would have a backdrop that resembled a bit of a snowy afternoon.  Once completed, I imported it into Publisher.
    • I centred the Snow Lady image onto the frame and then added this element to the other two pieces already laid out.
    • For the inside, I took a complementary digital paper and layered a pre-made tag on top, for the message area. 
    • Other than the digital image from the sponsor, all other elements used to design this card came from the Chill Kit designed by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.com, available as a freebie.   
Challenges I am entering:

Other challenges I might get it into...

Well, that is it for another month over at Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge.  I've got another card sitting in front of me for another challenge that needs posting by Sunday, so I might just be back in a bit.  Depends on how long the other behind the scenes stuff that I need to do, to get a couple posts ready for Saturday, takes.  Hopefully, I will surprise myself and get it all done before I have to head downstairs.

Until then...

 

21 comments:

Gail said...

This is an adorable snowman image. I love your card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week! --Gail

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, and please do put your name down for the die, as you ALWAYS visit, comment more than some on the list and to me you are a genuine follower and friend...xxx

Edwina said...

Lisa, I love the sentiment/ frame around the snowman. This is an adorable card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

ike said...

Oh way cool :-) Such a lovely card and the digital part really rocks !! Brilliant on the inside too. :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
My Shop: www.ikesart.com
My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

Karon said...

WOW, Lisa, beautiful card! Fabulous image and I love the inside, wonderful!

Sylvia said...

Lovely one layer Christmas Card, love the cute image. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylv xx
Crafty Bloggers Network DT

Joey said...

Fab card, this is a great image, thanks for joining us at without words. Joey xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!! The image is sweet and I love your CAS design!! :) :) Most of my cards are CAS because I love the clean look. :) :) Thank you for joining us @ Crafty Sentiments “Christmas” challenge!!
Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s YUM YUM BLOG Candy

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally looooove the inside you have done on this. And wow one layer... I'm really impressed but you are always fabulous at making magic digitally! Love it!

Sheryl said...

Brilliant card love the image and DP. Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, it's so unusual to see a lady snowman and I love this image. thank you for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month! Maddy x

rachel said...

This is just beautiful - love your design and that snowman image is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck! Rachel x

Céline said...

so cute card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Bettina L. said...

So cute. Love the snowman and winter design. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Carissa said...

Wonderful Winter Wishes! Thank you for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa

Michelle B. said...

Love the softness of the card, the paper actually looks fuzzy! Very cute. Thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Emma said...

Lovely Christmas card, thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz xx

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Lisa. Love how the cute snow man image is in the circle and how it pops against the rest of the design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, cute image.Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network with our Christmas challenge , hugs Tania (DT) xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

annewalker said...

That is such a cute image of snowman... holding those pretty ornament. Very nice. Thanks for sharing this as it inspires me :)

My best Christmas wishes to you and to all crafters.
Marilyn