Monday, November 25, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenge #90--Inspired by a Photo AND a Quote

Happy Monday morning all.  What a wonderful Dr. Who weekend it was!  But now it is time to get back to reality starting with this week's challenge over at the Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #90 the theme is "Inspired by a Photo AND a Quote".  You will be able to see the picture over on the main challenge blog.  It is a scene of coloured leaves, perfect for the fall season.  The quote that we are using for inspiration is shown on my project below.

One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images!  If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter. 
 
I've used the following Digi Darla image in my project this week:

http://www.digidarladesigns.com/Digidarla-3-Fall-Leaves_p_2549.html

Here is my project and the details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...  
 
General Comments:  
  • I decided to go with a hybrid project for this challenge--a digital layout with elements that have been coloured by hand
Digital Image:
  • 3 Fall Leaves: You can find this image in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above. 
    • These leaves were coloured by hand using Copic markers: YG61, YG63, YG67; R11, R14, R17; and Y32,Y35, Y38.
    • The leaves were then photographed and uploaded into the computer.
    • Next, I edited the images to make each leaf a separate image.  Then I brought each of them into Photoshop Elements 5 (PE5) to create transparent backgrounds.  Once this was done I was able to upload them into a layout that I put together the previous evening.
Digital Sentiment: 
  • When I saw the quote that we were to be inspired by, I realized that it was one of the very first sentiments I had ever created.  I had offered it by itself and inside of a leaf that I had also created so it was nice to be able to finally use it myself.  If you would like to go and check out that sentiment which is still a freebie, you can click HERE.
  • I simply re-coloured it to match with the colour scheme of the overall project.
Digital Embellishment: 
  • The tag I used in the layout, in behind the sentiment, came from the Autumn Leaves kit designed by Jeanine Baechtold a designer with ComputerScrapbook.com, available as a freebie. 
Digital Papers: 
  •  It was definitely a walk through history, as I also used two papers from my very first paper pack.  It is funny because they aren't even evenly shaped, something like 1800 x 1840 pixels but that is okay.  Boy, have I learned a lot since then!!!  If you would like to take a look, you can find them HERE.  This is also the first time, I think I have used them in any my creations.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...



So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR incredible take on this week's picture and quote inspiration challenge by entering this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team.  We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
 

Until next time,

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this Lisa and thanks for the free quote, if I may also use it I would be grateful...love aNNIe xxxx

Karon said...

Fabulous card and beautiful sentiment! TFS

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

Donna Ellis said...

Such a pretty leafy image, Lisa! Love your pretty card, and the colors in your background! hugs, de

Wendy said...

Beautiful card..Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
Wendy xx

Marina said...

Great digital project - love the colour of the leaves. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Lisa and how true is that sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

so fun. Love how you have combined all the different elements!!!

Edwina said...

Lisa, This Autumn card is so pretty. I love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

deesdesigns said...

Just lovely and so perfect for our challenge this week at Di's Digi Stamps! Love the sentiment too! Dee

deesdesigns said...

Just lovely and so perfect for our challenge this week at Di's Digi Stamps! Love the sentiment too! Dee

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love that hybrid! Colors are great!

Im just me - Marleen said...

Great project. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Dragon.
Marleen DTL xx