One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla image in my project this week:
Here is my project and the details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I decided to go with a hybrid project for this challenge--a digital layout with elements that have been coloured by hand.
- 3 Fall Leaves: You can find this image in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
- These leaves were coloured by hand using Copic markers: YG61, YG63, YG67; R11, R14, R17; and Y32,Y35, Y38.
- The leaves were then photographed and uploaded into the computer.
- Next, I edited the images to make each leaf a separate image. Then I brought each of them into Photoshop Elements 5 (PE5) to create transparent backgrounds. Once this was done I was able to upload them into a layout that I put together the previous evening.
- When I saw the quote that we were to be inspired by, I realized that it was one of the very first sentiments I had ever created. I had offered it by itself and inside of a leaf that I had also created so it was nice to be able to finally use it myself. If you would like to go and check out that sentiment which is still a freebie, you can click HERE.
- I simply re-coloured it to match with the colour scheme of the overall project.
- The tag I used in the layout, in behind the sentiment, came from the Autumn Leaves kit designed by Jeanine Baechtold a designer with ComputerScrapbook.com, available as a freebie.
- It was definitely a walk through history, as I also used two papers from my very first paper pack. It is funny because they aren't even evenly shaped, something like 1800 x 1840 pixels but that is okay. Boy, have I learned a lot since then!!! If you would like to take a look, you can find them HERE. This is also the first time, I think I have used them in any my creations.
- http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Autumn Colours
- http://www.comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Anything Goes with a Twist--Must use a digi stamp (The quote is a digi stamp and everything else is digital too.)
- http://www.creativeinspirationspaint.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Thanks/Thanksgiving/Harvest (Given that it is an autumn themed creation I believe that it falls under the idea of harvest.)
- http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Inkspirational Goes
So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR incredible take on this week's picture and quote inspiration challenge by entering this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Until next time,