Friday, November 15, 2013

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #11--Remembrance with Fancy Folds

It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #11, the theme is Remembrance With Fancy Folds. Remembrance can mean many things to different people.  For some it can be about honouring those individuals who have risked and those who continue to risk their lives to keep us safe.  For others it can be about wanting to note a special occasion that may have happened in the past.  It can be about nostalgia or it could be about remembering a loved one who is no longer with us.  Let's remember someone or something important with a project with the added optional design theme of fancy folds. 

In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme.  You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entriesAs always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post.  This challenge will end at 9pm PST on December 14th.

The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive three digital images.  If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize.  Additionally, there will be one digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team.  We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.


You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well.

To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's pretty new tangle doodle images aptly named 
Remembrance. Click on the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/2013/10/a-25-remembrance-400.html

Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything... 

General Notes:
  • I decided I wanted to keep this card very clean and simple.  I wanted the image and message to be the star of the show and I also wanted to stick to only the three colours: red, white and black.  That is why I decided to not colour the image in.  Besides, Sandy's tangle doodle images have so much detail in them, that they can easily stand alone simply as line art.
  • By keeping the card CAS it also gave me the opportunity to work with adding some texture.  I think I am addicted now.  How did I ever live without embossing before?!  So I present to you my first ever attempt at using embossing folders.
 
FRONT
closed...

slightly open...
Digital Image:
  • Remembrance:  Information for where to buy this image is included above.   
    • The image was coloured in Publisher before printing to match the deep red of the paper I was using for matting.
Digital Sentiment: 
  • One I created to lead into the inside verse.

INSIDE
fully opened...

 close up to see sentiment and embossing detail...
Digital Sentiment: 
  • One I created and released back in March during the start of my 100 followers celebration.  If you are interested in this sympathy verse you can go HERE to grab it.

OVERALL
Paper Products:

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  
    • Deep red cardstock used as matting (front & inside)----Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. 
Embossing Folder:
  • Unfortunately my embossing folder is downstairs right now but I believe the brand is called Goosebumpz.  I used a tiny dot as there were little circles in the design of the image and I thought that it complimented the overall look.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
(sorry but in order to save me some time, I am just including the hyperlink as opposed to setting up the name and linking it to the challenge blog.  Every second I save these days counts.)  
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme.  If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store.  You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!

Until next time,

22 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa. Its a wonderful image and of course I love the polka dot embossing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Cely said...

very pretty! love how its printed in color. no coloring needed!

Donna Ellis said...

So pretty, Lisa! Love that card fold, and the pretty forget-me-nots! hugs, de

Crafting Vicky said...

wow you are going embossing folder crazy ;o) Love it!!! Simple and so elegant. Love the fold you have used. That's one that I haven't done yet!!! I keep seeing it and mean to use it lol awesome.

Edwina said...

Lisa, I love this card. It is beautiful. Love the inside too. Never Forget is something I wish the whole world would do. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Karon said...

Beautiful!

~ginny said...

You will be hooked now!! Aren't embossing folders fun?? You chose a perfect fit - the "goosebumpz" mimics the circles in the image beautifully. I really like the fold of the card too - I just recently got a card with that fold and I can't get enough of it now. Thank you for playing “Anything Goes" at our house!
~ginny DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. That image is lovely and I really like the verse inside. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Chana Malkah said...

Great card base and wonderful embossing! CAS was definitely the way to go with this image! Thanks so much for dropping this into our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Carol Ric said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Ave Create challenge.

Edie said...

Beautiful approach to this design. Very clean and classy look! Looking forward to you sharing more with us at 613 Avenue create.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Very pretty card Lisa, lovely design and your verse bought a tear to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Dee's Craft Room said...

Very pretty card Lisa, lovely design and your verse bought a tear to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Unknown said...

Great fancy fold card. Love the image you used and that sentiment! Thanks for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Sharla said...

Gorgeous!! I love seeing those tangles done up on such a pretty card!

NickScrapShack said...

The image is simply gorgeous the way you used it! Love it! The inside of the card is very pretty to with all the embossed little dots....

Have a great week!
Nick

Mrs Beez said...

Love your CAS card, that image is perfect for "thoughts." The verse is perfect. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Pia S said...

Beautiful, clean design! What a great call to go with a red ink and no coloring for this image - it enhances the clean feel of your card!

Pat K said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Laurian said...

Wonderful card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Jo Ann said...

So pretty. Love the embossing you did for your card base and the simple yet elegant colors and lay-out. I am totally blessed by your artwork. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Alyx said...

Beautiful. Love the verse.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx