I am super exicited to be a Guest Designer over at the Love to Create Challenge this week. I was thrilled when Joann asked me if I'd be interested. I had put in a request back towards the end of December. While I wasn't sure I'd be asked at all, I certainly never thought it would be this soon! However, it all worked out perfectly. I had a birthday card to create for twin cousins celebrating their second birthday on Jan 4th, and with an adorable stamp from one of the sponsors, QKR Stampede, I was all set to go.
I encourage you to go over and enter this week's challenge where the theme is "Winter Wonderland".
There are two fabulous prizes to be won this week from our two generous sponsors.
Here is the front of the card I've chosen to showcase...
Here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Digital stamp of the two little boys on the sled is from our sponsor QKR Stampede. It is coloured using Copic(R) markers. Sled: C1, C3, C5 (runners); R22, R24, R29 (seat). Boy 1: B00, B02, B05 (jacket);B02, B05 (snow pants); Y13, Y15 and Y17 (scarf, mitts, hat). Boy 2: G00, G02, G05 (jacket); G02, G05 (snow pants); R20, R22, R24 (scarf, mitts, hat). Common areas on boys: C3, C5, C7 (boots); E000, E00, E02 (faces).
- The first part of the inside sentiment is one I created but the actual 'Happy Birthday' is also a digital stamp from QKR. Both are printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Paper: The card base is from a card set from my stash that I got at Dollarama(R) awhile back; the background blue and white with the snowflakes paper is from Recollection's Signature Collection called Festivus purchased at Michael's; the dark blue shimmery paper I used to back the image (ie. shadow) are Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- One of the challenges is 'new something' including using something new on your creation. My something new is the digi stamp which was acquired new specifically for this project. The snowflakes are also pretty new, they were just bought towards the end of December; however, they may not be considered new enough to qualify.
- One of the challenges is 'Old and New' meaning to use something old and something new on your entry. So, as mentioned in the above point, my something new is the digi stamp and possibly the snowflakes (depending on your version of new). The something old part is well basically everything else. The dark blue shimmer paper is probably the oldest and was purchased several months ago.
- Make It Monday -- MIM #122: Anything Goes (always)
- Challenges For Everybody -- Challenge #11: Anything Goes
- ATCs and Cards With Attitude -- Challenge 30: Anything Goes/Celebrations
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 30: Anything Goes/Celebrations
- Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps -- Challenge 94: Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey -- Anything Goes Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #61 - Trust/Anything Goes
- The Stamping Chef -- Challenge #1: Celebrations
- Jen's Digi Stamps -- Challenge #1: Celebrate
- Papertake Weekly -- Anything Goes
- Stampin' for the Weekend -- Challenge 25: Anything Goes
- Simply Create Challenges -- Linky Party #16
- Simon Says Stamps Challenge -- Simon Says...New Something
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge #1: Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges -- Challenge 48: Anything Goes
- Eclectic Ellapu -- "Snow Much Fun" Challenge
- Gingerloft Challenge -- GL Christmas or Winter
- Glitter 'n Sparkle Challenge Blog -- Challenge #14: Anything Goes
- Pan Pastel UK -- Challenge #1: Anything Goes
- Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog -- Challenge #141: Anything Goes
- Catch the Bug Blog -- January Anything Goes Challenge
- Broken Box Stock -- Winter Theme
- Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge -- Challenge #164: Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede -- Challenge #20: Anything Goes
- Joyful Stamper -- Inspire Me Fridays 90: Anything Goes
- Jellypark Challenges -- Old and New Challenge
- Without Words Challenge -- Baby It's Cold Outside
Well, I've survived my first post as a GDT member. I hope I did the Love to Create Challenge Blog proud.
I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time.
Until next time,