A $10 Gift Certificate from
count them, seven Digital Images from
So head on over to
and join the challenge!
Now, it seems fitting that we had to make a project based on our hopes and dreams and/or a new year's resolution. I'm not one for making resolutions but I do try to set goals for myself. Thus, I came up with the perfect thing for me to work on this year--CONFIDENCE! If you've been following my blog these past two months you know that I've struggled with the issue of believing in my own talents and abilities. So, working on building confidence as one of my aims this year just seems fitting, doesn't it?
Here is the front of the card I created as my very first project as a design team member (can you tell I'm proud of that fact, or what)...
and here is the inside of the card...
Hmmmm.....Maybe I should mail this card to myself as incentive.
Anyways, here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Digital stamp of the mouse and bear is from Beccy's Place (clicking on the link will take you directly to the free image). It is coloured using Copic(R) markers. Flower: Y11, Y13, Y15 and Y17. Mouse: R20, R22 (ears); C1, C3, C5 (body). Bear: R20, R22 (ears); W1, W3, W5 (body); B00 (eyes); B00, B02, B05 (jacket); G20, G24 (ascot and hankerchief). Ground: G00. I also used a black watercolour pencil to add the texture of fur to both creatures.
- Paper: The card base and thin turquoise blue vertical strip on the front is from Recollection's Cardstock Paper--Cape Cod collection purchased at Michael's; the green and yellow/green floral paper and the blues/greens/ivory floral paper I used are both from the K & C Company--The Best of K & C 360 page paper pad that I got at WalMart. The small blue square from the front and rectangle from inside is from a pastels collection I picked up at Dollarama awhile back. The base for the 'believe' tag and the inside sentiment are from Recollection's Cardstock Paper--White paper pack.
- I cut the tag out by hand after stamping it with a Studio G stamp using Mememto Bahama Blue. The inside sentiment is an awesome one from TLC-Creations. Thanks Paulette for the inspiration behind the creation of this card.
- The theme over at Stamp Your Life is New Beginnings and your interpretation of that. For some that may be a new baby, a new house, or a lifestyle change. For me it is all about a new attitude of believing more in myself and working on my confidence.
- This is also my first official use of a sketch (okay, well there was that one I
stoleI mean borrowed from a design I saw Crafting Vicky use). It is from My Favourite Things, sketch 99. Now, since I've never posted a sketch on my blog before, I'm going to assume I'm allowed to since I've seen other people do it. Someone please let me know if I'm in the wrong.
Challenges I will be entering the card into:
- Hiding In My Craftroom -- HIMCR #78: Freestyle
- ATCs and Cards With Attitude -- Challenge 30: Anything Goes/Celebrations
- Lady Anne's Challenges -- Sentiment - Anything Goes
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 30: Anything Goes/Celebrations
- Fussy and Fancy Challenge -- Challenge 79: Furry Friends
- Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges -- Challenge 52: Anything Goes
- Stampin' for the Weekend -- Challenge 24: Anything Goes
- Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps -- Challenge 94: Anything Goes
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge -- Challenge 35: "Blue & Green"
- Delightful Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint -- Inspired By: Anything Goes
- DYSU Challenge Blog -- DYSU #104: Turquoise
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges -- Challenge 51: Anything Goes
- My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge -- Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey -- Anything Goes Challenge
- Simply Create Challenges -- Linky Party #15
- Make It Monday -- MIM #121: Anything Goes (always)
- Challenges For Everybody -- Challenge #10: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamps Challenge -- Simon Says...Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #60 - Faith/Anything Goes
- Paper Makeup Stamps -- Digi Makeover Challenge #69: Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Crafts -- Challenge 21: Celebrations/Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp and Show -- Anything Goes
- Tuesday Throwdown -- Bright and Happy Colours
- Divas By Design Challenge -- Challenge 66: Anything Goes
- Stamp Your Life LLC -- New Beginnings (see above for expanation of how card fits this theme)
- Through the Craftroom Door -- TTCRD Challenge #51: Anything Goes
- Beccy's Place -- January Challenge
- Papertake Weekly -- Anything Goes
Well I guess that is it for my very first post as a DT member. Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to leave some love if you have the time.
Until next time,