|Gwynn Wasson Designs|
This time around there are THREE amazing prizes up for grabs from our generous sponsors.
|4 Digital Images|
|4 Digital Images|
|$10 Store Voucher|
So head on over to
and join the challenge!
Here is the front of my card...
And here is the inside...
This is a card that was meant for my cousin Blair for his birthday on January 2nd. I still haven't sent it. Poor Blair, sorry about that cuz.
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Given the time frame that I had to work in I decided to try and go with a more clean and simple look but then I saw a challenge to add something with flowers, then I saw another to add something sparkly and then there was the one with the snowflake. So, needless to say my card grew in complexity. The unfortunate thing is that I didn't mark down where any of those challenges were when I came across them and now have probably missed them! Note to self: Be better prepared next time you come across a possible future challenge.
- The outside sentiment is die cut using Cricut's Phrases kit. It is printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper, on a blue piece from the Recollection's Cardstock Cape Cod paper pack, and on a light blue sheet from K & C Company Designer Papers.
- The 'snowflake' is diecut using Cricut's Elegant Edges kit using the same white paper. A shadow was cut as well using the same blue paper previously mentioned. I then added lots and lots of dark blue
- The inside sentiment is from TLC Creations. It is also printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper. What would I do without Paulette's sentiments?
- Other Paper: The card base is from the Recollection's Cardstock Cape Cod paper pack; the patterned paper is from K & C Company Designer Papers--the blue collection.
- The silver metallic floral embellishments were purchased at Dollarama. These count towards the silver portion of The Stamping Chef's challenge. They should also count as the flowers portion for a couple other challenges.
- One of the challenges says to create a paper project with a new crafty item that you got for the holidays or if you didn't get any crafty items to use something from your stash that you bought and have not used yet. Well, in this case, the papers from K & C Company have never been used nor have I used that glitter or the floral embellishments. Additionally, this is the first time I've use the 'one year older' phrase. Is that enough new?
- I'm afraid I was a bit confused for the Delicious Doodles Challenge. Their blog post address states anything goes using blues but the blog post states anything goes using favourite colours. So, I should have it covered both ways because I did use blues and I love the colour blue.
- The Glitter and Sparkles Challenge is to use a digi as is the Digital Tuesday Challenge. Does it count if the digi is on the inside? I certainly hope so.
- The Love to Create challenge is Sparkle and Snowflakes. Now the Sparkle is pretty obvious with the blue glitter and the silver metallic embellishments. The snowflake isn't quite so obvious but it is there too. The die cut shape that the sentiment sits on and the shadow layer that the glitter is on are both die cut snowflakes. Really! I promise. I can even send you a copy of the page in the Cricut book that says so.
Challenges I will be entering the card into:
- Make It Monday -- MIM #123: Anything Goes (always)
- Challenges For Everybody -- Challenge #11: Anything Goes
- Divas By Design Challenge -- Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge -- Challenge #189: Grey Winter's Day Colour Palette
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges -- Challenge 52: Winter Birthdays
- ATCs and Cards With Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps -- Challenge 95: Celebrations
- Paper Crafting Journey -- Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Crafts -- Challenge 24: Anything Goes
- Through the Craftroom Door -- Challenge Jan 15th-21st 2013
- All Sorts Challenge -- Week 189 - Dies and Punches
- Catch the Bug Blog -- Week Long Birthday Bash: Anything Birthday
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge #2: Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges -- Challenge #48: Anything Goes
- Glitter 'n Sparkle Challenge Blog -- Challenge #15: Use a Digi
- The Squirrel and the Fox -- Challenge #35: Anything Goes
- Lexi's Creations -- Challenge #81: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #62: Hearts/Anything Goes
- Digi Darla's -- DDC #45: Anything Goes
- Joyful Stamper -- Inspire Me Fridays 91: Anything Goes
- One Stitch at a Time Challenge -- Challenge #146: Anything Goes
- Cut It Up Challenges -- "In With The New"
- Delicious Doodles Challenge -- Challenge #18: Anything Goes/Using Blues/Favourite Colours
- Papertake Weekly -- Anything Goes
- Jen's Digi Stamps -- Challenge #1: Celebrate
- Simply Create Challenges -- Linky Party #17
- Lady Anne's Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Shelly's Images -- Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters Challenge Blog -- Challenge #126: Celebrations
- Art Impressions Stamps -- Challenge #95: "Blink It On!" All Things Sparkly!
- Pin and Tack -- SYCN Challenge #5: Anything Goes
- Digi Haven -- Sparkles and Bling
- Cute Card Thursday -- Beat the Blues
- Forever Friends Challenge Blog -- Birthdays
- Cute Daisy May -- Monochromatic
- Inky Chicks -- Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts -- Anything Goes
- The Stamping Chef -- Blue, White & Silver Challenge
- Love To Create Challenge -- Sparkle & Snowflakes
- Cards Galore Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Crafty Blogger's Network -- Flowers
- Digital Tuesday Challenge -- Flower Power
- Sparkles Forum Challenges -- Die Cuts & Flowers
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time.
Until next time,