As is always the focus on Thursdays, I give thanks. This time it is in the form of a card. When we went away for a few days at Christmas, my wonderful friend Laurie came over and took care of our furbaby Marigold; so, I've created this thank you card for her. I hope she doesn't see it here first. However, that is a distinct possibility since it hasn't been mailed yet. It is sitting right next to the birthday card that I still haven't sent my cousin Blair yet. What is that saying about the best of intentions...Oh well, the people in my life are used to getting everything late. If it arrived on time or early, my family and friends would wonder what had happened to me.
Here is the front of the card...
And here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Sketch: When I was over at Great Impressions, checking on the winners list from a previous card challenge, I took note that their next challenge involved a sketch. This is the very first time I have seen a sketch offered for a challenge and then followed that sketch to enter said challenge. I hadn't created the thank you card yet so I decided to model it after the sketch. I thought, "what the heck, it certainly isn't going to hamper me in any way." In fact it helped give me some focus for creating the card. I've included a link to the sketch I used a little lower in this post.
- Digi-Image: The image, appropriately called Round Cat, was a coloured freebie offered by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. Isn't it just adorable? Now while Marigold isn't quite that round, she does have oranges, reds and brandy colours running through her fur so I figured it was the perfect choice.
- Sentiments: The 'Meow" sentiment on the front and the inside sentiment were created by moi. Who else out there would actually have a conversation from a cat as a sentiment? Both are printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Paper: While you actually can't see it I used a bright yellow paper for the card base purchased as part of a paper pack I got awhile back at Michael's so I'm afraid I don't know what the pack is called. I wasn't worried about keeping any packaging back then. The yellow/white/pink paper I used in the background for the front and inside is from Recollection's All Girl paper pad purchased at Michael's; the hot pink paper I used to back the image (ie. shadow) is from some of Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. And no, you are not imagining that you've seen this same sentence somewhere before. I finally used the leftovers from when I put Karen's birthday card together eight months ago. Now if I could only find a challenge that wanted us to use up scraps and stash items. Note to self: Look for above mentioned challenges to enter.
- Embellishments: That little strip of yellow with the white dots is a piece I cut out from a paper in the above mentioned All Girl pad. The flower is from a bunch I picked up at Dollarama. I can't believe how well the colours matched. I also used a little pink coloured brad for the centre of the flower.
- One of the challenges requested flowers. I have one obvious flower but there are also pink flowers in the background paper. Okay, maybe you can't see the whole flower but if I add up the six partial flowers that gives us a total of four full ones. Does that work for you?
- Here is the sketch from Great Impressions that I eluded to earlier:
Challenges I will be entering the card into:
- Make It Monday -- MIM #123: Anything Goes (always)
- Pin and Tack -- SYCN Challenge #5: Anything Goes
- MyPaperCrafting.com -- Weekly Link-Up Party
- Great Impressions Stamps -- Sketch Challenge
- ATCs and Cards With Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey -- Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Crafts -- Challenge 24: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge #2: Anything Goes
- Glitter 'n Sparkle Challenge Blog -- Challenge #15: Use a Digi
- Lexi's Creations -- Challenge #81: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #63: Anything Goes
- Digi Darla's -- DDC #45: Anything Goes
- Joyful Stamper -- Inspire Me Fridays 91: Anything Goes
- One Stitch at a Time Challenge -- Challenge #146: Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly -- Anything Goes
- Inky Chicks -- Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday Challenge -- Flower Power
- Top Tip Tuesday -- Fur or Feathers
- Cards Galore Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Crafty Blogger's Network -- Flowers
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
Some more challenges may be added to this list throughout the week or month.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time.
Until next time,