Starting today, January 15th, the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog goes live. The challenge rules are simple. Challenges occur monthly on the 15th beginning at 7am PST. Please use a Scribbles Designs image, following the theme of the challenge. You can enter as many times as you'd like and you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges. However, we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking. Challenges ends at 9pm PST on the 14th of the month. Winners of the previous month's challenge will be announced on the next challenge posted on the 15th of each month and the winner, chosen by Random.org will receive 3 digital images. Additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We really hope that you will all join us for our very first challenge. We are starting a brand new adventure and would love for you to be part of it from the start!
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE.
To get you motivated, here is a card I created using one of Sandy's fabulous free sentiments.
Here is the front of the card...
And here is the inside...
This card has significant meaning for me as it was the first well laid out, hand made card I had ever sent to my cousin Karen. Well there was a Christmas card a few months previously but I had JUST started making cards so that one was really, really, basic. Anyways, this card is significant for another reason as this is the first, yes I said first, birthday card that I have ever sent her. Now some of you may be thinking, 'wow, they must not really be a close family if this is the first card she ever sent her' BUT there is a reason why this is so.
You see, I never knew Karen existed until a day back at the end of November, 2011, when I got a phone call from my mother informing me I had another cousin. Now, at first I thought, "My uncle has fathered another child? The man is 70 years old for crying out loud." But no, that was not it. My uncle and the woman he was with 45 years ago, had a child that they put up for adoption and NEVER told anyone in the family about. Karen went searching for her birth family about 12 years ago and found her mother relatively quickly. Unfortunately, her mother only knew that her father was in Costa Rica but not how to contact him. Then in the summer of 2011, my uncle was in Canada and gave Karen's mom a call. He met Karen at that point and in time she got the contact information for my mother and contacted her who of course contacted me.
I was so overjoyed that I actually had tears running down my face. You see, I am an only child. I grew up with 2 first cousins both only children and both males--and one of whom always seemed to resent me growing up. Now I find out that not only is there another cousin out there, but she's a girl and only 3 months younger than I am. I've missed out on a lifetime of getting to know her and am so thrilled she is now in my life. So, this post is dedicated to my first cousin Karen. May it be the first of many, many birthday cards she will receive from her long lost blood relatives.
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Keep in mind that this card was made at a time when I knew nothing about making sure your character is grounded so she does look a little funny just floating there. So, think of her as Birthday Cake Angel flying to bring you in a sweet slice of numiness. Her wings are just invisible that's all.
- The outside sentiment is one of Sandy's Scribbles Designs digi sentiments available as a freebie HERE. Please take some time to check out all the freebies Sandy has available on her blog. I'd also encourage you to head over to her store HERE for more wonderful designs for purchase. It is printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Digital stamp of the lady holding the cake is from Milk Coffee Stamps. It is coloured using Copic(R) markers. Seeing as it was over eight months since I created this card I'm going on memory for some of the colours. Okay, really I'm just guessing but they sound like they'd work. Hair: E000, E31, E33, E37. Flesh: E000, E00, E02; I might have used some E11 for deeper shading; R20 for rosy cheeks. Clothing: BG 10???, BG 15 (shorts); Y13, Y15 and Y17 (top)--there might by Y11 in there too; Sorry I know R34 is in there somewhere but I can't remember what I put with it and I don't have either my list or markers upstairs (vest and shoes). Cake: Candles: Y11, Y13. That should about cover it.
- The inside sentiment is from TLC Creations. It is also printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Paper: The card base is from Dollarama(R) purchased as part of a pastel paper pack awhile back; the yellow dotted background paper, the yellow/white/pink paper and the 'accessories' paper on the inside left is from Recollection's All Girl paper pad purchased at Michael's; the hot pink paper I used to back the image (ie. shadow) is from some of Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- The hot pink pearl-like embellishments were purchased at Dollarama.
- A couple of the challenges requested flowers. There are a number of pink flowers in the background paper.
- Make It Monday -- MIM #123: Anything Goes (always)
- Challenges For Everybody -- Challenge #11: Anything Goes
- My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge -- Getting Girly
- Divas By Design Challenge -- Anything Goes
- ATCs and Cards With Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 31: Add A Tag or Sentiment/Anything Goes
- Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps -- Challenge 95: Celebrations
- Paper Crafting Journey -- Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Crafts -- Challenge 24: Anything Goes
- Through the Craftroom Door -- Challenge Jan 15th-21st 2013
- Catch the Bug Blog -- Week Long Birthday Bash: Anything Birthday
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge #2: Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges -- Challenge #48: Anything Goes
- Glitter 'n Sparkle Challenge Blog -- Challenge #15: Use a Digi
- The Squirrel and the Fox -- Challenge #35: Anything Goes
- Lexi's Creations -- Challenge #81: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #62: Hearts/Anything Goes
- Digi Darla's -- DDC #45: Anything Goes
- Joyful Stamper -- Inspire Me Fridays 91: Anything Goes
- One Stitch at a Time Challenge -- Challenge #146: Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly -- Anything Goes
- Jen's Digi Stamps -- Challenge #1: Celebrate
- Simply Create Challenges -- Linky Party #17
- Paper Pretties Blog -- Brads
- MyPaperCrafting.com -- Weekly Link-Up Party
- Shelly's Images -- Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters Challenge Blog -- Challenge #126: Celebrations
- Pin and Tack -- SYCN Challenge #5: Anything Goes
- Forever Friends Challenge Blog -- Birthdays
- Inky Chicks -- Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Lady Anne's Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Cards Galore Challenges -- Anything Goes
- Crafty Blogger's Network -- Flowers
- Digital Tuesday Challenge -- Flower Power
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
Some more challenges may be added to this list throughout the week or month.
I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time.
Until next time,
Gorgeous card Lisa!!! I love the colors,papers and layout! Again your coloring is amazing and I can't wait until you get started at mine, lol. Thanks for the slice of numiness and I am so happy to hear about your cousin!!!!! Wow hey? HUGs my super friend
Oh I forgot to mention I am going to take part in the challenge and just bought my first digital at Scribbles Designs, can't wait!!!
Oh how cool. CONGRATS on being on the DT and also for finding a cousin :-)
I am sure I have some of Sandy's scribbles so I hope to join in this Challenge :-) xxxx
ohhhh wow I have shivers! What an awesome story and such a fabulous 1st birthday card to send! May you enjoy many many more together!
I may be able to go forth and eat cake, well a tiny bit if I keep to this diet for a few more weeks...trouble is the Christmas shortbread keeps calling my name!!
Great card Lisa & congrats on your DT position
Beautiful, Lisa!!! Glad to be Dteaming with you!
Oh wow Lisa! I am so touched about the story of your cousin! What a wonderful way to start many many happy years together!
Thank you for being part of the SDDT - without you and the girls it wouldn't have happened! :)
What a wonderful card! The image is so fun, the sentiment awesome, and your paper choices spot on. Great story behind the card, too. The inside is as pretty as the outside. Thanks for joining us at Fat Pages With Attitude this fortnight. I hope we see you again next challenge.
Great card! Your coloring is fabulous!
I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look. I'm number 31.
Stop by my blog to check out my Winter Blog Candy!
What a beautiful story! I am so glad you two found each other!!! What a wonderful card too! Your coloring is really wonderful as well!
Thanks for sharing your amazing story with us! Thanks for participating with all of us at Digi Desserts Fridaze as well! :)
Lisa, this card and blog post are both amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday, and please know how very grateful I am to have you share your heart and your beautiful talents with us!
Word Art Wednesday
Gorgeous! I love the image, colours and the inside is as beautiful as the outside. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x
You have entered our challenge but you forgot to link it here so could you please do this for me please.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges
Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!
Lisa, I'm so delighted to be working with you on the Scribbles Design Team! You've such a big heart, I look forward to getting to know you, my fellow Canadian! :)
Soooooo cute!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!!
Cute card, thanks for joining us for Vickies Challenge at Lady Anne's.
Hi, Lisa! a darling card with the cutest colors! The inside of your card looks marvelous, and the shading in your image is wonderful! Such happy designer papers! Very pretty card, Lisa
I love the card and what a fabulous story. So glad you linked up with our Digi Desserts Fridaze at My Paper Crafting.
Thank you so much for changing things and I love your card it is beautiful as is the colouring of your image. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges
This is really cute! I love your layout and the colors you used!!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time. Good luck! I hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
- Susan, DT @ OSAAT
Such a fun card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!
Oh I love how you have coloured her in. Look at those legs you go girl. TFS
Beautiful card, and thank you for sharing this special moment in your life.
Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.
lovely card, saw it at MIM
Another fabulous and fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!! :)
Great sentiment and love the layout. Those shoes on the inside just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!!
I could not agree more Lisa. How amazing that you had a cousin out there for all that time. Family's certainly do have many skeletons in the closet don't they?
Gorgeous card, love the funky image
Love Mandy xxx
this is fantastic thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx
Beautiful card and a beautiful story!
I love the pretty colours you have used on this fun image. Papers all co-ordinate beautifully.
Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
Fabulous card Lisa, and fabulous colouring.
Made me laugh when you mentioned that she is 'floating'. It is something I hadn't noticed, but the more you examine you own cards the more you pick on these things LOL!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Blogger Network Challenge this month.
PS.Thank you for the kind reply you sent in response to my previous comment for you. It was a pleasure to come back and visit x
For a relative newby, you make VERY nice cards! I love the orange and pink combo and the image is perfect for this! COngrats on your new cousin! Thanks too for joning us at My Heart Pieces! :)
I am a dope, delete my last comment...
Pop over to Wags n Whiskers instead !
Shouting out to you for your win over at Wags 'n Whiskers!! Congratulations!!!
Such a fab and fun birthday card - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x
beautiful card lisa
you are the winner-look here
♫ ♫ ♫ Congratulaton ♫ ♫ ♫
i'm happy for you.
have a nice and creative weekend
hugs across the miles
Hi Lisa, your friend Karen is going to be delighted with this stunning B'day card you've created for her. I adore the inside of the card as well!.
Thank you for joining in the fun at Lady Anne's Challenges (Nana Vic) We look forward to seeing your next creative project.
fabulous colouring Lisa...I love it...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
What great coloring on your image and love the bg paper. What a pleasure to visit your blog .Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
Thank you for playing the CDAC Anything Goes Challenge. Vick, Member of the CDAC DT
Post a Comment