As it turns out today, the weekly challenge for Digi Darla's is to be posted along with my monthly challenge piece for Scribbles Designs. Now while I have combined progressive challenge images with regular challenges, I am about to attempt my first ever challenge and challenge post. So, while the post itself will be a long one there will only be one instead of two. So let's begin, shall we?
It is time for this week's challenge over at the delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #71 the theme is a "Sketch" created by our own marvelous Denise.
It is also time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. This month for Challenge # 7 we want to see you Celebrate Your Nation's Colours. Use the colours of your nation as a jump off point for the theme of your project. Since there are so many colours from so many nations out there, it would be helpful for you to let us know in your post what your nation's colours are.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I was lucky enough to be able to take these two themes and combine them to come up with my card. The image choices from both Digi Darla's and Scribbles Designs just worked so well together in combination with the sketch.
- I also got to use two images that I have wanted to since I first saw them.
- As it turns out it was a good thing that I was able to do a two-cards-in-one kind of deal because it ended up taking me over four nights to put this together! To be honest I have no idea why I was so slow. I did cut my stripes going the wrong direction--on not one but two different pieces--but that doesn't account for all my time. Gosh, this better not become a trend or I am going to be in big trouble!
- I've used the following Scribbles Designs image for the front of my project:
- You can find this image in the Scribbles Designs store by clicking on either the name or the watermark.
- This is one of several Tangles that Sandy has created. I have been itching to use it from the moment I first saw it, and this challenge was the absolute perfect opportunity to do so. To preserve the integrity of the image, all I did was re-colour it digitally in Publisher to match with the colour scheme.
- I've used the following Digi Darla's digi for the front of my project:
- You can find this image in the Digi Darla's store by clicking on the name or watermarked thumbnail.
- I have wanted to use this particular image since the very first week I started over at DD back in December when I saw a fellow teammate use it on one of her cards. I just love the wonderfully positive message it imbues.
- I re-coloured the word art in Publisher and printed it out.
- I've used the following Digi Darla's digi for the inside of my project:
- It is coloured with Copic markers. Now I'm going from memory because I still can't find my colour charts, but at least this one I'm pretty sure about. Flower: R20, R22. R24, R29. Duck: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR04, YR07. I used two different colour chalks for working around the image.
- I've used the following Scribbles Designs image for the inside of my project:
- I love this awesome sentiment and it fits in perfectly with the message of the sentiment from the front. It was coloured digitally to match the other pieces in my project.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's card kit.
- Designer papers: The red and white patterned paper (front & inside) is Recollection's Bright & Basic paper pad.
- Shimmery white cardstock used as a shadow (front & inside): Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
More challenges may be added throughout the week and/or month ahead.
So that is DOUBLE the challenges to check out!
Thanks for lasting with me through this extended post. I hope I will see your entries at one or both of these great challenge blogs. Double the opportunity for creating is always a good thing!
Until next time,