Monday, July 22, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenge #72--Christmas in July

Well hello there and a fine Monday morning to you all!  Or possibly a fine Monday afternoon or evening depending on where you are peeking in from.

It is time for this week's challenge over at the divine Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #72 the theme is "Christmas in July".  Yay!  Another chance to celebrate Christmas and another chance to cross off one more card from the Christmas Card Panic List.  I believe I am officially up to 14 in the pot.  Woo hoo!  Since I plan on giving away at least 10 of them to my Momma as part of her Christmas gift, that leaves four left for me.  That pot isn't looking so full anymore and the panic is rising slightly.  Maybe I shouldn't have worked that all out just yet.  Oh well, it is okay, I'll just grab a little Christmas cheer and wash all the anxiety away.

As always, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images!  If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.

I've used the following Digi Darla's digi in my project this week:

Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

FRONT


Digital Images:
  • Owl Wreath: You can find the owl wreath in the DD store by clicking either the watermark or image name linked above. 
    • This image is precoloured which is a wonderful time saver.
    • Here it is up close...
Digital Sentiment:
  • This sentiment is made by me.  I added it inside the circle before printing it out.
Embellishments:
  • The cool snowflakes are from a new stash that I just got from a recent visit with my momma as she had some more goodies that she needed to get rid of.

INSIDE


Digital Images:
  • Label: This is one of the labels from the set that was released on Saturday over at San's Design.  Now I'm not sure what happened, but the promotional post I had scheduled didn't go out on time and when I did publish it, it put itself in the published list under the original date so now I don't know if anyone is going to see it.  Therefore, if you didn't get a chance to check out all the newest Christmas releases over at San's, click HERE for that post.
  • Decorative pin:  The cool star topped decorative pin I used is from Beyond the Fringe Crafts.  Carmen, another proud Canadian, has some really amazing images and oodles of freebies which this one was.  You can grab it and four others from the same post HERE.  I was still an anonymous commenter at the time I grabbed them.  I didn't know then what I'd use them for and to be honest I really haven't known how to use these types of images since.  However, it just came to me for this challenge, that this might be the perfect opportunity to put one to use!
    • It is coloured in using Copics:  Y13, Y15, Y17, R35, R39, YG63, YG67.
Digital Sentiment:
  • This sentiment is made by me to match the front.
OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Paper:  
    • The striped paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
    • The red cardstock strips on the front is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock. The green strip is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.  
Challenges I wish to enter include:
Always Playing with Paper -- Anything Goes Christmas Challenge

Some challenges may be added later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,




11 comments:

Pia S said...

What a sweet image and a lovely card!

Karon said...

What a great card - love the wreath and the cute owls. TFS

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very Pretty!Awesome image!!!

Crafting Vicky said...

That is one awesome card! Love how you are able to combine images!!!!

Unknown said...

Great card Lisa! Love the digi. I'm sort of half back, going to try to blog at least a couple days a week and hope to visit everyone at least that many times a week too. :) Hugs my friend,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Denise Pustelniak said...

This digi looks so familiar and we used the same sequin snowflakes too. Your card is fantastic!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hoot Hoot Hooray....I love your wonderful card. What a darling image and love the inside as well. Wonderful job...Hugz, joann

lorby said...

Hi Lisa I needed to return the favor and stop by today to say hi. I've been out of the visiting blogs loop for a few weeks since I had a house full of company. Anyway, stopping by to take a look at all the great creations you've been creating. Love this owl card and the saying made me giggle. I downloaded the star ribbon too. I really like that and will have to figure that into one of my upcoming blog buttons for Lorby's World of Hops. :)

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful Christmas creation. Love how you have coloured the cute owls and the fussy cutting around it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Hazel said...

I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fun card, love the owls. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.