Monday, July 08, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #70--Easel Card

Happy Monday my lovely peeps!  

It is time for this week's challenge over at the delicious Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #70 the theme is "Easel Cards".  Yes, it is time to haul out the measuring tape and scoring tools and create a fabulous easel card.

As always, one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images!  If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.

I've used the following Digi Darla's digi in my project this week:

 

Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

OVERALL VIEW

Closed:


Open:


DIGITAL IMAGE

  • Coloured Gumball Machine: You can find this pre-coloured candy machine in the DD store by clicking either the watermark or image name linked above. 
  • I so love playing with pre-coloured images ESPECIALLY when creating a more time consuming project such as an easel card.  As this is only the second one I've ever made, it takes me awhile to measure and double check my measurements; then cut and then measure and cut again because even though I double checked I still made a mistake!  So, the fact that I need so much extra time in the creation, it is nice knowing that DD has some fabulous pre-coloured images that I can use.  Besides, in a million years, mine would NEVER look as good as this anyways!

DIGITAL SENTIMENT

  • Hee, Hee, Hee. Get it?  Chews...choose.  Well, I thought it was cute.
  • I just created the sentiment in Microsoft Publisher and then used a pre-existing torn paper frame around the text-box so that it would stand out against the DP without having to add another layer.

PAPER PRODUCTS
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red. 
  • Designer Paper:  
    • Circles--Recollection's Bold Basics paper pad.

EMBELLISHMENTS
  • The circular red gemstones are Crafts brand from Dollarama.

CHALLENGES I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


14 comments:

K8 said...

Thank you for your kind word!! What a fab project, love that machine!!
Have a great day!! Hugs Kate

Desire Fourie said...

A real SWEET gate fold easel creation. Love the cheerful colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Great idea for an easel card!!!!!

ike said...

Excellent - love the image and the senti made me chuckle. That's a great way to do an easel card to. Fabbi Lisa :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pia S said...

The sentiment is perfect with this colorful candy machine! Fun!

Crafting Vicky said...

You did really good with that easel card!!! Way to go ;) Just love those cheerful colors.

Karon said...

Fabulous card, Lisa. Love the design and that great fun sentiment! TFS

ike said...

Me again - you inspired me so I went over to play :-) xxxxx

Jennifer said...

What a great easel card Lisa, I never thought of doing a gatefold first and then an easel. Must try this one out. The colours are absolutely brilliant and I love your sentiment and especially love your torn paper (again need to try that out also). Love it. Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

Anonymous said...

Lisa~This is such a cute card. I love it & the sentiment is really cute as well. I think I am back in between a few other things going on. I just never had a lot of other things to do besides creating my cards. Now I am having to balance a life as well. LOL Love the card. Hugs~Patti

Denise Pustelniak said...

How creative! You've made this so wonderful, I have to give it a try!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fantastic card Lisa, inside and out...Hugz, joann

Edwina said...

Wonderful card! I have never seen this shape easel card before. I really like it. Edwina Brown

NickScrapShack said...

You always find the best sentiments! Love the bright and fun colours and those three big rhinestones....

Have a great week!
Hugs Nick