It is time for this week's challenge over at the delectable Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #73 the theme is "Copycat". Now those of you who have been with me for awhile may recognize the cute little image I used on my card, from one I did a few months ago. Denise challenged us all with creating our projects with the same image this week. It is amazing, how many variations there are to come up with, with just one single image. I love the versatility of stamps for just that reason.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I hope this card manages to stay in one piece as it heads to its recipient. This will be the first card EVER that I send overseas. That is one first, check out my other first on this card a little later.
- Mouse: You can find this sweet image in the DD store by clicking on the image name linked above.
- This image was coloured in using Copic markers. Grounding was added in with chalk.
- I am going to take a moment to discuss these flowers as I am pretty darn proud of them. It is time for my second first, as these flowers are the first ever real paper flowers that I have made. Go me! I used a punch to cut out three layers of scrap cardstock, then shaped each of the petals, glued them together, then realized I should have inked them BEFORE gluing them together! However, that is okay, we learn from our mistakes. Now I just have to remember for next time.
- The little green half pearls are Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- This sentiment is one I picked up as a freebie from Create With TLC.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Paper:
- Floral paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.
- The pre-embossed beige I used in behind the image on the front and the sentiment on the inside, and the rusty orange colour I used as a shadow (front & inside) are both from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to actually enter a challenge or two later this week and/or month.
Well friends, it is now 2:45 am and if I want to head to bed by three as it's another packed day today, I better get going.
So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,