Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Once again, serendipity stepped in to save me some time as the image in the Delightful Inspirations progressive challenge fit perfectly with the theme of caring and afforded me the opportunity to use it in my reminder card for the Path of Positivity.
- Painting Ladybug Digital Stamp Set: As I mentioned in my general information section, I was lucky enough this month to be able to combine my Delightful Inspirations progressive stamp of the month challenge with this month's Path of Positivity Challenge theme. In order to enter the DI progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge. Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge and what amazing stamps they are. Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself. While you are there, have a look around. They have some really great images. You can find this set in the store by clicking on the watermark below.
- This image was coloured in using a combination of Copic markers and digital colouring for some aspects.
- Copic markers used: C5, C7, 100, R22, R24, R29 (ladybug); C3, C5, E21, E23, E25, B02, B05 (paintbrush & paint); B02, B05, BG15, BG18, R24, R29 (paint dots on flowers); Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, BV000, BV00, BV02, RV00, RV02, RV04, R32, R35, YR00, YR02, YR04 (flowers); YG61, YG63, YG67 (leaves).
- The sky and clouds, along with the grass, were created digitally in Photoshop Essential 5. Digital Credits include:
- Here is a closer look:
- The sparkly metallic flowers I've used are all Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- The cute little ladybug duo is the most recent release from Creative Bug Digitals. You can find it in the store by clicking on the watermark below. You also have an opportunity to win a copy of it by clicking HERE and following the instructions.
- Due to the small size of the image I was working with, I chose to use my coloured watercolour pencils to colour it in. Using the markers would have obliterated it.
- This sentiment is part of the set available from From the Heart Stamps. Link available above by clicking on set watermark.
- Apparently I'll have to send this card to one of my American friends, or one of Canadian friends who chose to spell 'colour', the American way--'color'. There are at least two of them that I'm aware of because I always have this itch to correct their spelling when I see their posts. ;O)
- Card base, strip on front and shadow (front & inside): Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
- Designer Paper:
- The colourful paper (front & inside) is from Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Delightful Inspirations -- June Free Stamp of the Month Challenge
Now the sentiment I am going to share with you all today is one that has been pretty popular with the DT this month. A couple of them used it at the challenge start, and a couple of them used it in the projects I'm showcasing today. To see the latest post with fabulous inspiration from two of our team members, click HERE. As for the sentiment they used, you can find it below...
As always, the quotes are much larger than they appear but can easily be reduced in size without distorting the image. I need to make them rather large because when they are imported into programs like Word or Publisher, they end up rather small and then it becomes difficult to enlarge them without affecting the quality of the image. This quote is in png format at 300 dpi.
I'm rather excited as we are up to 40 entries thus far! However, there is always room for more so if you haven't entered already, please come and join in on the Path of Positivity this month. Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to caring, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. To find out more details and to enter the challenge, please click HERE.
I also hope you will join me over on The Path of Positivity this weekend. There have been some changes to the DT and I will be introducing the newest member on Saturday. Then, on Sunday, the Design Team will be sharing their favourite picks from Challenge #3. Also just a reminder if you entered Challenge #3, you need to send me an email to claim your badge and prizes. So far, not one of the four winners has contacted me. If you entered a project, or left a comment after voting, you are eligible to win two of the four prizes available. The remaining two prizes were awarded to participants chosen among the top seven. If you missed the winner's post for challenge #3, you can check it out by clicking HERE.
Finally, on a personal blog note, I've got a treasure hunt going on right now. You don't want to miss out on the fun and earning your chance to get your hands on 10 different digital papers. If you are new to the hunt, you can check out the first post HERE and the second post HERE. As soon as I finish up this post, I'll be getting day three's post ready.
Until next time,
Click the font names to take you to a download location. Both of these fonts are listed as free for commercial use.
- Do not claim the image as your own.
- Do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
- If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
- Leave a comment on my blog. It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed. Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.