Even though it is a holiday, that doesn't stop this week's challenge over at the delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #69 the theme is "Stars & Stripes". Along with stars and stripes, we want to see red and white or a red white and blue colour scheme. It can be any type of card--baby, birthday, etc., as long as it follows the theme.
Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digis in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- My stars are included in the image on the front and the sentiment on the inside and of course, my stripes are my paper.
- Since I live in Canada, I've gone with red and white as my colour choices.
- Cake: You can find the Celebration Cake in the DD store by clicking either the watermark or image name linked above.
- This image was coloured in digitally using Photoshop Essentials 5.
- The red sparkly ribbon is Celebrate It brand purple label from Michael's.
- This sentiment can be found in the DD store by clicking either the watermark or image name linked above.
- This image was also coloured in digitally using Photoshop Essentials 5.
- Card base: Crafts brand Card Creations pack, red.
- Designer Paper:
- The red and white striped paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bold Basics paper pad.
- The red cardstock used as a shadow in behind the image, sentiment and writing area is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist Twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Well, that is two posts down and at least two (possibly three more) to go. I hope that you don't get sick of seeing so much of me today!
Until sometime very soon,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.