Saturday, July 13, 2013

Card Design: Fresh Brewed Designs Digi Team Post for July


Happy 2nd Saturday of the month all you lovely people who have taken the time to come and pay me a visit!  I'm here today with my monthly Fresh Brewed Designs project.  Today I am buzzing in show off this sweet little honey bee which you can find in the Fresh Brewed Designs (FBD) store under the section, Animals - Bugs and then Bugs or you can just click on the watermark below to head straight to where this image is located.


Here are my project details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • Isn't he just the sweetest little bee?  I'd even go as far as saying BEEautiful but I wouldn't want to crush his poor little ego by calling him anything less than handsome.
  • I avoided the traditional black and yellow and went with brown and yellow instead.  This way he matched the DP so much better.
FRONT

 
Digital Image 1:
  • Honey Bee:  As mentioned above, the image on the front of the card is available in the store.  You can find it by clicking on the watermark above.
  • I coloured it in using Copic Markers. I'm afraid I've misplaced my upstairs (and downstairs) colour charts so I'd only be guessing at the numbers.  I used chalk to achieve grounding around the image.  
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created.

INSIDE


The above image is an overall view of both sides, inside my card.  I decided I wanted to dress up the left hand side a bit and fussy cut the hexagonal and flower shapes from some of the DP I used.

With a closer look at the right hand side...


 Digital Image:
  • This funky bee I used on the inside is from the Kenny K Critterz Collection.  I actually picked this image up as a freebie some time last year.  However, when I went over to the site to grab the watermark, I noticed that 'Bumblebee' is once again the freebie for this month so head on over to the main page to grab him:  Kenny K Downloads.  For anyone who may not get to see this post until after the freebie has expired, I've linked up the watermark to head to where you can find it in the store.
    • I decided to keep things simple for the inside and chose to use Bumblebee simply as line art to accompany my sentiment.
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created to match with the front. 

OVERALL

Paper Products:
  • Card base:  Michael's Recollection's card kit.
  • Designer Papers:   Both papers I used are from the Ki Fancy Free paper pad.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
It is possible that I'll be adding to this list as the week or month goes on. 

Well that is it for my monthly FBD post.  I'll be back each 2nd Saturday of the month with another creation to show you.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be showing off other images and/or creations using Fresh Brewed Designs images during other times of the month as well, so you'll want to keep checking to make sure you don't miss any of Heather's superb images.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you have the chance to go and check out the sweet image I've showcased today and maybe even bring one or two back with you on the journey home. 


At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!





 Until next time,


10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh I am loving this happy bee creation. Made me smile.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Anonymous said...

I had to come by & actually I was coming for LAPC but glad I saw this too. I love it. I already had the bee but this card is enchanting. You are SO talented. Hugs~Patti

VanessaB said...

oh what a fun bee-Utiful card. :)

Chriss America Real said...

I love bees! This is a very cute card!

Hugs,

Chriss

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lovely card Lisa, inside and out...Hugz, joann
P.S. Thanks so much for the wonderful card I received in the mail. How sweet of you and I appreciate it so much...Hugz, joann

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute!!!!

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card. I think the brown and yellow looks better than black and yellow. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Pia S said...

This is so sweet! I think you did a great job with the inside as well, it really matches the theme of your front!

Crafting Vicky said...

Ohhhh I missed commenting on this post!!! Just love this card. I'm always impressed that you finish the inside as well as the outside and this time both sides of the inside!!!

Shea said...

So cute and clever, both inside and out. Love the coordinated papers! And your coloring of the image is fantastic!