Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Card Design: San's Design New Release Preview Christmas In July

Hello Everyone!  In just a few more days we'll be celebrating Christmas in July over at Sans Design.

If you have been following me, you know that I have been diligently trying to create some Christmas cards early this year in an effort to avoid the Christmas Card Panic.  Well, my work with the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge which I am actually combining with today's new release preview, have helped start a nice little bundle.  Nowhere near the amount I need to send out, but certainly more that I had handmade last year.

For this card I got to play with a fabulous new circular frame AND a wonderful new sentiment label.  Here is what they look like...
 
SN00199-Snowflake Frame

SN00196--Season Greetings Label

Here are the card and details.  I hope that I haven't forgotten anything...
  • It was fortuitous that once again the images I got to work with from both San's Designs and the remaining image I had to use from the Lady Anne Progressive Christmas challenge that I am part of, complimented each other so well. 
  • I love the versatility of both the frame and the labels.  They make it very easy to combine with other images and sentiments, which you know I just love to be able to do.  So you'll definitely be seeing these images on more cards very soon.

 FRONT

 Sketch:

 Digital Images:
  • Snowflake Frame:  I coloured this image with two different mediums.  First I went with Copics using YG61, YG63, YG67 for the greenery; and R22, R24, R29 and the colourless blender for the berries.  I also used chalk around the edges of the frame where the snowflakes are.
  • Snowman & Candle:  The image sitting front and centre is my second image I got to play with in the Lady Anne Progressive Christmas Challenge.  It is from DigiStamps4Joy.
    • I coloured this image mostly with Copics BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78 for the snowman and his hat; R20, R22, R24 for the candle; Y17. YR04, YR07 for the flames; Y21, Y23 for the scarf and hat band.  The same colours as listed in the bullet above were used for the holly and berries.  I also used yellow chalk around the image to help ground it.
Embellishments:
  • Both the ribbon and snowflakes I used are Crafts brand from Dollarama.

INSIDE


Digital Sentiment:
  • Seasons Greetings Label:  I love all three renditions of this label.  In fact I've got a card coming out on Monday that will showcase the blank one. 
    • The image was fussy cut and then I inked the edges in black.
    • I chalked up the snowflakes as I had done on the front for some consitency. 
  • The area for my message was also chalked up around the edges to help make it blend with the label but also stand out from the background without having to cut another piece for the shadow.  The edges were also inked in black.

OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Pastel collection.
  • Designer Paper:  Both papers used in this project are from the Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.  
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

The watermarked image I used in my project from San's Designs will be available on Saturday when the new releases come out. 

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and check out my latest creation.  Please join me Saturday to find out the other Christmas goodies you'll be able to stock up on.  SAN-ta Claus is coming to town--early.  You don't want to miss it. 
 
Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!



You can also check San's Design out on Facebook.  Click HERE to go there now.


12 comments:

Monica =) said...

Lisa, such a sweet card! I love how you've combined the motifs - they are really as made for each other! The little snowman is so cute <3

Hugs, Monica

Chriss America Real said...

I love that little snowman! He looks so vintage and cute! I am confused though (as I often am) are these digital images that you download on to a card?

Hugs,

Chriss

Saints Rule! said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job, Lisa. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your art in our challenge this week. It's SO nice to have you join us and I thank you for sharing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh wow you really did good with this!!!! Love how you have combined the 2 images!!! Great job!

Edwina said...

Oh, wow! I love your card. It is beautiful! I love that you put the snowman in the frame. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Laurian said...

This one is gorgeous too Lisa! Love what you've done with this cutie!

Hugz

Laurian
Lady Annes Christmas Progressive Challenge

Shea said...

This is just pretty as a picture. Your coloring is fabulous, and I love how you decorated the inside as well! Looking forward to visiting more often as I've been away far to long and miss talking to you! :)

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful card inside and out. Love the shape of the sentiment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Hazel said...

I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Jennifer said...

What a lovely card Lisa, I just love this little snowman. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes

Sherry Eckblad said...

Another great card with another great image. Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday.