Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Showcase: November 10, 2012

There are so many wonderful artists out there creating astounding pieces of work.   Each week, I come across a lot of truly unique blogs featuring incredible freebies, remarkable card designs and great tips and techniques.  Consequently, I created a special Saturday post designed to showcase other artists' work (whether it be stamps, cards or otherwise), a blog post offering a great technique, or I might even just pick a whole blog to showcase.  The criteria I am using is that it has to move me in some way (it makes me laugh or cry; awes, inspires or astounds me; etc). I believe that it is extremely important to support other artists within our creative community and this is my way of doing so.

 My top picks for this week include:

CARD CHOICES...
SHOWCASE ITEM #1



These wonderful cards were designed by
 Lyn a.k.a. Spyder
Her blog is called Spyder's Corner


 
 
 
 Reasons For Choosing:
I have been visiting Lyn over at Spyder's Corner for approximately six months. When I had originally requested that Lyn become part of the showcase, I had chosen her above 'Merry Christmas' card from her November 4th post entitled "Loads of Quirky Snow and Layers!".  However, later on in the week I came across this 'Happy Holidays' card from her November 6th post entitled "A Bugaboo Candy Bear" and I just couldn't decide between the two.  So I figured, why not show off both?  I love the bright colours, the unique design and all the special little details.  Lyn always puts so much work into each and every card, I don't know where she finds the time to do it. She deserves all the accolades she gets.  To see the inside of each of these cards and learn what stamps she used and other details, follow the post links mentioned above.  Oh, and she also has a freebie available most Wednesdays.  If you are unfamiliar with Lyn's work, pay her a visit and see her talent for yourself (clicking on the blog name will take you straight to her blog). 
 __________________________________________________

 SHOWCASE ITEM #2 
This wonderful card was designed by
  Karen Giron
Her blog is called The Sweetest Thing

Reasons For Choosing:
If you haven't been to "The Sweetest Thing" you have no idea how many phenomenal ideas you are missing out on.  I found Karen's blog back at the beginning of April and have had her posts delivered to my inbox ever since.  She has some of the coolest, neatest ideas in card design I've seen; and, I've been to a lot of blogs over this past year so I know what I'm talking about.  When I came across this card from her Novembet 4th post entitled "Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 171", I just had to share it with everyone.  The juxtaposition of shapes and colours make this card just jump out.  The use of stitching and embelishments are also very unique.  You will find the details for this card in the post mentioned above. To view more of Karen's amazing designs and to find out the details for this card, please visit her blog (clicking on the blog name will take you straight to her blog).
 __________________________________________________

FREE DIGITAL STAMP CHOICE...
SHOWCASE ITEM #3
This wonderful freebie was created by
  Julie
Her blog is called Scrap Happy Paper Crafter

Reasons For Choosing:
I have been receiving email posts from Scrap Happy Paper Crafter going on seven months. Julie generously offers freebies several times a week.  When I came across her post from October 26th entitled "Free Digi For Friday - Merry Hallothanksmas", this image had me rolling around on the floor in stitches (figuratively of course).  The combination of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled up into one digi is such a unique and creative idea.  While I have posted her coloured image here, it also comes in a black and white digi stamp.  You can find both free stamps by following the above post link.  While you are there check out more of her incredible work (clicking on the blog name will take you straight to her blog).
 __________________________________________________

And finally, that  brings me to the...  
 
This is a special category highlighting a stamp for sale by another artist.  This week that honour goes to...
   This cute digi stamp bundle was created by
 Nikki Casassa
Her blog is called:  MelonHeadz Illustrations 
Her Etsy store is located HERE
This stamp is available for sale HERE
 
Reasons For Choosing:
Nikki's work is so unique and I have been a great fan of hers for some time.  She has such a unique style that one could tell her designs anywhereThis adorable stamp set of the reindeer is perfect for the coming season.  I found this set in her November 7th post entitled, "Reindeer Bundle". If you visit this post, she highlights other locations to buy the bundle.  If you would like to visit her store and see more of her amazing goodies please follow the Etsy link above.  I'd also recommend that you check out her blog too.  She always showcases new bundles here and throws in some freebies now and then.  You don't want to miss out on them.
 __________________________________________________

 Well, that is it for the second edition of the Saturday Showcase.  Thanks to all these wonderful artists for agreeing to allow me to showcase their work on my blog.  I'm sure I'll be coming back to them again and again.  Though you never know, I may be contacting YOU next to showcase something incredible you've created.
 
Until next time,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa it is so nice to showcase these wonderful projects!!! They are all such wonderful choices. I am sooooo in love with the Christmas cards!!!! Very inspirational... Thanks for visiting my blog!!!!

Spyder said...

Thank you Lisa for show casing my cards! ...I'm never really happy with them so I'll have to make such I make even better ones in the future! Hope you pop in to see my two favourites, I emailed you...they are both amazing crafters.

Crafting Vicky said...

Fantastic choices! I already follow some and just love them!!!!

Edwina said...

I Too love Lyn at Spyder's Corner. She makes some adorable cards. Scrap Happy Paper Crafter has wonderful free digis. I visit Julie every day. MelonHeads has some really fun digis. Love her elves right now. thanks for sharing all of thier work. Edwina Brown http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/

Paper Crazy Lady said...

What an excellent idea! You are such a generous person!