Friday, November 02, 2012

Follower Freebie #5: A Simple Snowman

Oh procrastination, thy is my middle name.

Okay, so instead of going through the backlog of over 630 messages from blogs that I follow by email, and instead of working on the anniversary card that I DESPERATELY need to get done pronto, I decided to play around with a thought for a digi that was bouncing around in my head.  

So for the past two hours I've been working on a rather simple looking snowman.  For those of you reading through my posts you will know that this is only my second attempt at creating a computerized digi stamp.  While I'm not very happy with it, I have decided to post it anyways.  First of all, I want to be able to justify to myself that it wasn't a complete waste of time and that someone might like it.  Secondly, I'm rather far behind on my follower freebies.  Lastly, I have decided that I'll post the good as well as the bad (okay, maybe not the really bad).  That way my readers, and just as importantly myself, will have a visual way of tracking my progress throughout what I hope is years to come in the blogosphere.

So without further ado, here is follower freebie #5 in honour of 'Smookiedo Crafts' who became a follower on October 29.
 Just click on the image to bring it up in the lightbox.  Don't forget, for those of you new to the png format, they may show up in the lightbox completely black (take my autumn sentiments for example).  Just move the mouse around until the arrow becomes a hand, right click and save to your computer. 

Please let me know what you think.  However be gentle with your honesty, my ego is a fragile thing... ;-)
 
If you use one of my images on a project, I'd love to see what you create.  Just leave a link in the comment section or email me a copy.


P.S.  Before I forget again, I just wanted to say a special thanks to Laurie, my best friend, who generously allowed me to borrow her Bamboo®Tablet so that I could get some practice in while I save up for one of my own.  You are a true blessing in my life Laurie in so many ways.

P.P.S.  Don't forget that if you use an image PLEASE:   
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

9 comments:

Smookiedo Crafts said...

Thank you Lisa!! What a great freebie in honor of my blog "Smookiedo Crafts"! I love, love, love snowmen as much as I love Cats!! Thank you and I think its so cute!! Great job!!

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

You are by the funniest CHARACTER I have met in a long time. The fact that you DON'T LIKE your snowman is so priceless. But, let me tell you girlfriend, you have more talent RUNNING IN CIRCLES up in that head of yours!!!! What you seem to see as possible failure is "GUMPTION" and the fact that you put it out there for ALL THE WORLD to see ... you've got "LIKEABLE SPUNK" overflowing. And, just in case you didn't get it. I love your snowman. Great job. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS. Hugs, Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cool snowman. It is nice to see my card on your sidebar under Digital Two For Tuesdays. :) I have a very fragile ego too. I only like to think I have tough skin. Thank you for sharing. He looks very happy.

Ardilla said...

Thanks for sharing :)

txexperiment said...

It is cute. Thanks for sharing!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Well, I'm glad I'm able to bring a little humour to your day. Also I'm so glad you like the snowman. I think part of my problem is that I'm comparing myself to all the amazing digi artists out there already and when I look at my own digital creations I feel like a six year old compared to them. I know, I know, I have to stop comparing my work to others but it is a difficult thing to do.

Hugs,
Lisa

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

So glad you like the snowman I created in your honour. I too am a sucker for cats and snowmen. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to create a snowcat? Hmmmm...

Lisa

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Glad you like the snowman. Maybe it was serendipity that your card was in the sidebar the same day you came for a visit.

Lisa D.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Thank you! He is so cute! :)