Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Spotlight: November 25, 2012

Wow!  Can you believe it is exactly one month until Christmas?  I'm afraid to blink in case I miss it.  It is also just a little over a month since I started blogging.  My goodness, how time flies.  

Anyways it's time for the Sunday Spotlight. For those of you visiting for the first time, welcome to a special post where each Sunday I say a particular thank you to one of my readers acknowledging them for something thoughtful, inspiring, or mindful that they have said in one of their comments.  As a way of saying thanks, I will present this person with an advanced copy of a freebie that I promise, no one else will be able to get their hand on for at least three months and possibly longer.  Of course, given how far behind I am right now, it may take three months before they even get it themselves. 

So without further ado, the comment I'm highlighting this week belongs to:


 MICHELE FROM MS


who said:
What a fabulous idea! I agree with Sue and Naomi....you bring "fun" back  to blog reading with your comments. It's kind of like a good book you can't put down. You wanna know what's next!! I also agree with your friend Laurie....do not compare your work to others. I do the same exact  thing and feel sooooo inferior. BUT, I look back to things I created a year ago and see how much I have improved so that gives me the little boost to keep pushing forward and learning from those that I think are "better than me". Hope you have a great day Lisa ~~~ 
 
 Michele made my day when she said that I bring 'fun' back to blog reading and that my work is kind of like a good book you can't put down.  If that doesn't boost my ego I don't know what will.  However, the rest of what she had to say was just as important.  Michele really made me look inside myself and analyze some of my insecurities.

When we expose our talents and ultimately our heart to the world, we never know how we are going to be perceived.  Every time we showcase a card, a sketch, or offer a freebie, we are opening ourselves up to criticism from others.  Sometimes it is just easier to see our own work as being inferior so that when others knock us down we don’t have very far to fall.  This might be in part where my lack of self-confidence comes from.  Better to tear myself down before others do it.  It is comforting knowing that others have felt this exact same way at some point in their life.  So, I need to take Michele’s words to heart along with the others who keep telling me the same thing (you know who you are) and only use my own work as a measure of my success.  And you are right Michele, when I look at the very first card I created almost exactly a year ago to the date, I have come a long way indeed.
 

Honourable mentions include:
  •  Lisa, you are a joy and a delight! Although I was away from Blogger for much of the last couple weeks, your sunshiny love shone forth even when I  wasn't here. I couldn't resist dropping by before I flutter off to sleep... always remember that your work is lovely because it is created by YOU! :o) Hugs and blessings! -- Karen
  • So much good stuff here!!!! You do such a lovely job showcasing!!!! I will  drop back and visit these very talented women!!!  Thanks for making me laugh..I needed a good laugh..(teeny weeny crush on Colleen)  hehe!!! love it...  we are having a hop today if time is on your side and you just have to see the card I made for it..it is my favorite to date!!!!! eeeek -- Naomi
  • Lisa, I am beyond words!  You can't know how much I appreciate your kindness!  My son and I are so grateful for people like crafters who reach out with their hearts.  Everyone is so wonderful and we know that God will get us there, with the support of all of you wonderful crafters!  You all are in our hearts! --Sincerely Jessica and Eddie
  • I second what everyone above me is saying, Lisa.  You are uniquely "one of a kind" in our digital blogging world.  You have not only already inspired me with your "Dedication Monday's", now I see that you are now going above and beyond with more blessings each day.  To speak to us all  concerning one of fellow site, in relationship to what she is going through and encourage us all the help ... you are an angel sent from above in my book.  I will personally go to her site later today and do my part to help her.  Hugs always --Sue
Thank you ladies for your wonderful words of encouragement.

To all of you who left comments throughout the week, even if they were not acknowledged above, please know that I appreciate each and every one of them and each and every one of you!  Without your kind words, there wouldn't be much of an incentive to continue.

Until next time,



1 comment:

ike said...

Oh - I agree.
A. Your Blog is fun to read and I like the chance to see other people's work I might not have found on my own.
B. Yep - don't knock yourself !! I often see things that make me slack-jawed in amazement and I say.. why can't I do that?... but I apparently do things that make other people slack-jawed, so I just have a different 'style'. I'd love to do pretty, pretty, gushy, smushy magnolia type schtuff but it doesn't work for me and I just can't. LoL We are all different and it is a good idea to look back to something you did last year, 2/3 years back and then step back and see how far you've come !! I am amazed with some of my early stuff.... it's total shiiite LoL We learn such a lot from others.
Keep up this fabby Blog Lisa
Hugz
Ike xxxx