Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Spotlight: November 18, 2012

For my loyal followers, thank you so much for your continued support.  For those of you visiting for the first time, welcome to a special post where each Sunday I say a particular thank you to one of my readers acknowledging them for something thoughtful, inspiring, or mindful that they have said in one of their comments.  As a way of saying thanks, I will present this person with an advanced copy of a freebie that I promise, no one else will be able to get their hand on for at least three months and possibly longer.  Depending on what it is, I may never release it so it might just become an exclusive item.

So without further ado, the comment I'm highlighting this week belongs to:


 
Naomi Edwards


who said: 
Hi Lisa!!!! Although I am new to your blog I am captivated, it is amazing how you are giving out to others the very thing you feel you lack in yourself...confidence! Your spotlight on others (which I think makes your blog so unique) is very encouraging and I am sure it would spark anyone's spirit.. if they felt secretly insecure by any chance, your write up would most certainly turn their thoughts 360 degrees or at least plant positive seeds. You belong in bloggy land I am feel priviliged to be your new cyber friend, I look forward to getting to know you more.. Blog land needs beautiful souls such as yourself. Big Cyber hugs!!!!!! P.S. I really enjoyed this post.   Naomi Edwards 

It took me awhile to put into words how much Naomi's comment touched my heart.  It is such a nice feeling when you know that what you are doing has an impact on someone else. When I created this blog I knew that I wanted to do something unique.  It was my goal to reach out, inspire, and make some sort of difference in at least one person’s life.  I think that deep down that is how many of us feel.   Why else would we spend so much time doing what we are doing?  When I created the ‘Saturday Showcase’ not only was it my intention to support other artists within our creative community but to help people to see that they had indeed made a difference in one person’s life—mine.  So, now it seems that the circle is complete.  If Naomi believes that I belong in ‘bloggy land’ and ‘looks forward to knowing me more’ then I have indeed managed to touch at least one person’s life—Naomi’s. 

Honourable mentions include: 
  • I love your choice of a quote today. Just inspirational. One of the things everyone is guilty of is .... being hard on themselves. We don't think we do enough, we think we do to much and we feel like we don't measure up. Hope is one of those most important emotions we can have. It makes us stand up when the going gets rough and it makes all our dreams reachable. Follow your heart in all things. Hugs --Sue
  •  I try to make my goals achievable by doing them in steps - no point in taking giant leaps and sliding back - better to take smaller steps onto steady ground. Thank you again for your artwork. --Margot Petersen
  • Yes, we can ALL use a little motivation now and again! Love the flowers, colors and especially the fonts. Thanks for letting me know where they came from!! I will be putting those to good use one day! --Michele from MS
Once again, thank you ladies for your words.

To all of you who left comments throughout the week, even if they were not acknowledged above, please know that I appreciate each and every one of them and each and every one of you!  Without your kind words, there wouldn't be much of an incentive to continue.

Until next time,


3 comments:

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited Naomi won!!! She is one of my very dearest bloggy friends and so deserves it! She always has nothing but the kindest things to say and has been such a wonderful friend to so many. I am so proud of her and happy! :)

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

ike said...

Fabulous :-) This is such a cool idea and I am now a new Follower. It's so refreshing to see a Blog such as yours :-D
Hugz
Ike x

Unknown said...

I am so humbled Lisa... you beautiful soul! You did touch my life and many others and will touch sooooo many more. I sense a great profoundness in you and through that you will soar as far as you think you can, so think it my friend... you are truly amazing. I will write you in the morning...what a sweet thing to read before getting sleep.Hugs