Thursday, November 29, 2012

So Very Thankful: Good News To Share

Today I'm so excited to share some FANTASTIC news with you.  In fact, if I was capable of it, I'd climb up and shout it from the rooftop.  Since that isn't possible, I'll just share it with all of you here on my blog.

Today I have one more thing in my life to add to my gratitude list.  I was asked to join a design team and after careful consideration to ensure that I would be able to keep the committment I would be making, I SAID YES!  So come February, I will be designing for the AWESOME Canadian company--Scribbles Designs owned by the super, fabulously talented, Sandy Sommerfeld.  I am truly honoured and so thankful to be chosen as one of the design team members.  I only hope that I do Sandy justice.

Today I want to show you the card I created using one of Sandy's freebies.  You can currently find it and information on the Design Team call over on Sandy's blog, Scribbles By Sandy or on the new Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.  If you are interested in applying for a team member position, there is still time left.  Just head on over when you are done here and check out the details.  

So, in this edition of "Thursdays Are For Giving Thanks", my focus is on expressing gratitude for this amazing opportunity.  It is especially meaningful because this will be my first Design Team position.  Wish me luck!  I hope you will be joining us when the Scribbles Challenge Blog goes live.  Become a follower so you won't miss any of the action!


I decided to go with a clean and simple look for this card.  Sandy's sunflower design is so beautiful, I wanted to make sure it was the star of the show.  Copics include: Y13, Y15, Y17, E21, E23 and E25 (sunflower); G20, G29, YG61, YG63, YG67 (leaves and stems).  The sentiment, which fits perfectly, is from Hannalie over on Desert Diva.   The inside is stamped with a clear rubber stamp from the Stampendous Encouraging Words set using a Studio-G ink By leaving the inside void of any text, the card can be used for inspiration, dealing with difficulty or even for encouraging someone's dreams or expressing pride.


I'm afraid the colour quality of my scans aren't the greatest.  That is something else on my list of things to do--learn how to touch up pics for colour restoration.  Unfortunately, it is rather low on my priority list at the moment and will now have to wait until the new year to explore.  

I have entered this card into the following challenges: 
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest post. If you have the time before you go, I'd love to know one thing you are thankful for on this day.

Until next time,

21 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

So happy to be on the team with you! You will be amazing :D Your card is wonderful just love how you have colored this great image! Hugs Vicky

Unknown said...

Fabulous Card Lisa and well done on your DT role have fun .

What a fantastic card .
Thank you for joining us this time for our FLOWERS Challenge at Crafting for all Seasons .
Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Karen Letchworth said...

Lisa: Your card is absolutely beautiful. I have no doubt at all that you will be a tremendous blessing to your new Design Team. This is VERY excited for you, and I really hope you enjoy it. I also hope that you will continue to share your cards each week in our challenges cuz I'd LOVE seeing more of your sweet art! This one is just darling, and I enjoy having you play along with us.
Good luck in your new endeavor, and please do come back often. I really look forward to seeing more from you!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

DESIGN TEAMS ROCK!!!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Woops....me again! I for to tell you that I just became your follower, and that I'd really appreciate it if you would take a quick stop by my blog and become my follower as well. I really do appreciate it!
Karen L, Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the sunflower on your card! Beautifully colored and a great card design! Congrats on your first design team! I'm sure you'll do fabulous and thank you for sharing this with us at Digi Haven!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Suze said...

Congratulations Lisa! I will certainly check out Sandy's challenge blog and look forward to the first challenge. Love the card you made - I'm a fan of letting the image shine where possible particularly when it is such a lovely image. Now..one thing I am thankful for today is the wonderful artists out there (including yourself) who are providing digital sentiments, digital stamps and digital papers all for free so that people like me can use them to create cards and feel some sort of achievement at the end of each day/week.

Mynn xx said...

Such a beautiful card! I LOVE how you've made the image the centerpiece! Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven! :)

MaryH said...

Hi Lisa, I was just at Smookie_doo's crafts, and saw your comment, followed the link to your blog. Firstly, congratulations on your new venture. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job on the Design Team, just basing my opinion on the card you are posting here. Lovely card, great coloring, nice layout. Secondly, people may not always leave a comment, but I bet you are being visited a lot. I understand where you're coming from, though, wondering if anybody is interested in what you are doing. I am sort of the same at times, but mainly, I did a blog for ME. I always hope folks will like what I write about, cards that I make, but I'm strictly an amateur, so learning all the time. I applaud your courage at joining a Design Team. Wow! I'm impressed. I joined your blog as a follower, so I hope when you have time, you will pay me a visit, and I'd love to hear what you think of what I do, as well! Good luck, and I'll be back to see your progress & hear about all your adventures!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh that is wonderful news, and I love the image and your fabulous coloring and design. Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Marjorie said...

This is a beautiful card Lisa, and so beautifully coloured too!.. Congratulations on your DT... also thank you for joining us this week at "Make it Monday"...

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Lisa :)
Congratulations on the FANTASTIC news. You will be a marvelous addition to that team and I'm so happy for you. Your card is GORGEOUS here. The CAS is stunning and the coloring is superb. :)
Hope you are doing well and organized for the holidays...I am NOT! LOL...
Thank you so much for joining in our challenge over at MIM too.
hugs,
The other Lisa ;)

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card, such a lovely image and sentiment. Congratulations on your DT role.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Emkay said...

So very pretty.

Thank you for joining us at CYDI?

Spyder said...

Fantastic! Well done on your DT Post! Well deserved! The card is fabulous!!

((Lyn))

Unknown said...

Lisa, Greetings from downtown Cumberland In Ontario ( the greater city of Ottawa). Congratulations on your position on the design team. Your card is gorgeous. Please share your work with us at WAW again soon.
Psalm 103 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson,
Word Art Wednesday

ike said...

Congrats to you Lisa :-) I hope you enjoy yourself.
Fabulous colouring on those sunflowers :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

I just read you blog from yesterday and I want to join all the others to tell you congratulations. I told you good things were going to come your way, you just have to believe in yourself. Life takes us down many, many paths and you my dear friend deserve this so much. You are so talented not only in your artwork, but in the way you speak to others ... you are heaven sent. Hugs, Sue

Unknown said...

Great card - I love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

Sheena
xxx

Brook said...

Such a pretty card. Love the colors and that stamp is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It?.

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! Such an affirming sentiment and beautiful image. Congrats on your new design team gig. Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It?

Jani said...

Your card is lovely.
Thanks for share your work with us over at CFAS!
But can you please correct our challengetheme to "use flowers"

Thanks.
Jani x